Would this trade be worth it?

Updated
Would this trade be worth it?

So, I have an offer to trade my ESP Eclipse in Vintage Black with a Jackson RR1 in blue ghost flames. I personally don't like the look of the Jackson, but I CAN sell it for much more than I can sell my ESP for. 

So, emotional attachment aside. Do the Blue Ghost Flame RR1s sell very easily? I'm worried I'll get the guitar, try to sell it for a few months, and no one will want to buy it because it looks like something Guy Fieri would have hanging above his toilet.  

Zorlac

The chances are good 

KFW

God dammit I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO :((((((

I could potentially get the Jackson, sell it for $1,300...and then get a dope ass Ibanez Prestige 7 string (which a 7 string is more what I need now). 

But my Eclipse has been my trusty ass guitar for a while. My only concern is financially, I'm not one of those guys that gets all attached or thinks there is a "the one" guitar. But, I do love how my ESP plays. And it is undoubtedly high quality, so I'm wondering if I'll be like "Fuck dude, I want my high quality ESP back." And now with ESP prices through the roof, it'd be much more difficult to get an ESP in the future. 

Hmmm. 

metalhobo

If you want the seven-string just buy the seven-string. No sense in putting your fave instrument on the chopping block just to potentially save a few bucks. Life's more important than that.

Life's about EMGs.

I'll never sell my Charvel. Hell, I probably won't ever sell my Carvin or ESP, either.

Gisornator

Same here. I would also keep the ESP. And the VB Eclipse looks nasty :D.

Zorlac

You may rely on it 

ChainOfThought

Based on your own responses, I wouldn't do it.  Find another way to fund a 7, or buy a cheaper one if you need to.  Don't throw your go-to to the wolves just to get one.

edit: also, a bird in the hand and whatnot....
RZK

Is it a I or II? I am looking for an Eclipse I in VB...

Gisornator

For your RZK collection? :D

load more replies (1 of 1)
Jeff H.

Unless blue flames is a desirable finish for those RR's I wouldn't do it. Because, that's a stupid finish and why would anybody buy that

ViralMarcus

I wouldn't do it either.. that finish is a hate/love thing and I've yet to meet someone loving it.

KFW

Yeah, didn't do it. Realized I'd be regretful. 

Post to Thread