New from when the brand wasn't so confusing

Updated
New from when the brand wasn't so confusing

Sold my Horizon and bought this Eclipse to replace it.  Also bought the 5153 last week after selling a few other guitars.

I like the four knob Eclipses better; sue me.  I would have put it in the "something neat" thread, but rules are rules.

exhibit-sbt

You grab that one on the bay?  I think I saw it there.  Dreamed about it for an afternoon, then it was gone. 

Congrats on both.  Gassss on both.

Oh but, maybe fix the black/white/black/white/black knob thing going on.  Unless you're into that sort of thing. 

Pushead

I found the amp on ebay.  I have a full set of white knobs on order for it.  Thought about blacks for a minute, but I figured stock was safer.

The guitar was from a seller on Rigtalk.  It sat for a few weeks before I picked it up.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Blake

Wow, that eclipse looks great. Nice score!

slab

money, bro

that paneling reminds me of a catholic priest i used to know

good times

Gfunk

Cool crap, congas!

I love the look of those STBC ECs, but the one I had sounded like poo. 

Probably because it only had 3 knobs.

Tondog

We've got one of those on our local CL that I was kind of eye-balling. Is it full thickness?

Gfunk

No, it is a standard EC. 

Pusyhead, I forgot to ask what pups are loaded?

Pushead

Gfun, everyone knows the tone exists in the extra tone knob (duh) and the extended horn.  It has Suhr SSV and SSH+ pickups in it, each with a treble bleed wired on the volume pot and a coil-split wired to the tone knob.  It sounds good, but since I'm also working with a new amp, it's hard to say how it stacks up to anything else I have.  The guitar plays really nicely, though.

Exhibit, there's still a similar one (another 04) on ebay, but the guy has no feedback, to pls take careful™.

RK, though I appreciate your concern for my cognitive and mental stability, in this case it was more a quick jab at the additional brands ESP has to establish and define than actual confusion on my part.  Do you even quip?

KFW

I haven't seen one with a regular horn in so long, I forgot what they looked like. Awesome.

Jeff H.

Very nice! How you liking the 5150 3? I'm having to send mine in to Fender for some repairs right now , unfortunately. Love the amp though.

Pushead

I'm liking it so far.  Channel 1 is brilliant.  Channel 2 could use another 1-2 notches of gain.  Thus far, I'm not finding anything useful on channel 3 after about 1:30.  It get noisier, but not any better.  I'm finding I sit at one notch before 12:00 on the gain with my main RRR with the Norton, and one notch after 12:00 with the EMGs.

The mid knob is the key on all of the channels.  Huge changes can be dialed in with that mid knob.

*Edit - I should note that mine has been modded by "Kruse Kontrol" with their Super Sonic Mod.  Not exactly sure what it does, but it's adjustable with a pot on the back, and it seems to dial out mid level mud.  Not that the amp is muddy, but that's the best description I can give.

http://www.krusekontrol.com/evh_iii_mod

D-EJ915

Looks great man, congrats

Pushead

Sort of the same, sort of different.  Not sure how I feel about the 3 knob setup.  Het Set is interesting.  Will have to play through the varieties of pickups when I get this thing setup to see what is working for me.

Thankee Sai Exhibit.

Dave R.

Sweet Eclipse, Push!

exhibit-sbt

Still can't believe I sold that one so spur of the moment.. :lol

Oh well, hope it treats you well post-setup!  Let me know what you think on those pickups.  I reallllly dug them but kind of got tired of changing my amp settings when I switched to that guitar.  I still wonder how passives would have been in it.

Skoggy

Not a fan of the three-knob, but that green... Awesome looking axe, man. Congrats.

Post to Thread