Takeoffyouhoser80

POD X3 vs Guitarport

Updated
I already have the guitarport (purchased both metal and effects packs) and it's pretty decent for practice but i'm not too keen on it for recording. It could be just me but I have a hard time finding a really good tone that...
MORE »
guitarplayer7132

Need new amp and multi effects pedals advice please

Updated
Hey guy I will be going away to Michigan State in the fall so I really can't afford to take a huge amp and a bunch of effect pedals. I was looking to buy a 15 watt amp and a digitech RP90 or RP150. I'm not really looking to...
MORE »
metallist

What Amp to buy?

Updated
Basically, I wanted to initially get a triple recto but the price is getting too daunting,the shipping rates mesa offered were fucked, and I would like to get something at least ... new. Anyone have any idea of any other...
MORE »
DeefNDorf

New to the site. Question on equip.

Updated
Hi everyone. Newbie here. my name is Johs and I am 25. I have been playing for about 14 yrs and have mainly stuck to Fenders and Gibsons. I play a Fender Highway one with Symore Duncans, through a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe with...
MORE »
xXxEvilCorexXx

Anyone here played an 8 string

Updated
i watched a video of Buz from Unearth playing one and he played a power chord and it sounded like complete mush. i was just wondering, out of curiosity not want, if they sound really muddy due to the low string,...
MORE »
The Funnel Weaver

Amp Suggestions

Updated
I know, another amp thread. I've done research on my own, but now I want the opinions of those much more experienced than myself. So, now I will briefly describe what I want. First off, I am just looking for a small...
MORE »
Nostradamus

First Time Recording - Advice Please (now with clips)

Updated
Hi, I have just started trying to do some home recording and was hoping you guys could help out. At the moment I am using a Shure SM 57 straight into my computer with Audacity for sound editing. I am having two main problems...
MORE »
5150-Viper

BBE sonic maximizer + Rocktron Hush Super C, need help!!

Updated
So i just got the Rocktron Super C rackmount and am hooking it up with my Sonic Maximizer 482i into my 5150.. The only problem is i dont know which chords plug into what first and where they go from there, some how i need to...
MORE »
Put

What Pre-amp to combine with a Mesa 50/50?

Updated
What would be a nice combination with the 50/50 . Playin a 5150 now .. wanna lean more towardss nevermore/james labrie(marc sfogli) in a nutshell BIG BOMBASTIC TIGHT BRUTAL...
MORE »
RejecterSR

Stack Pic Thread

Updated
All these nice guitars where are the massive stacks?...
MORE »
RejecterSR

Need a hand with speaker selection

Updated
Okay. I've been playing guitar for years, and had many guitars but all through one shitty ass cheap B52 solid state stack and a digitech death metal pedal. though i've played and owned very good guitars i've had this pos amp...
MORE »
ESPdude

Amp Suggestions Please

Updated
Hello everyone, I have an Eclipse II on the way to add to my two LTDs and I am afraid to say that all I have been using is a Marshall practice amp. So I think that it may be time for an upgrade. Firstly I am still up in...
MORE »
hessian101

Getting the most out of my budget recording rig-

Updated
I recently bought a Shure SM57 mic, an ART Tube Mp USB mic pre, and Cakewalk guitar tracks pro to record my JCM600 combo. I have been playing around with this setup, but the sounds I am getting are only a bit better than...
MORE »
BeëlzeM

White hardware

Updated
Hey. Just a quick little question. Is there a company that sells white tune-o-matic bridges, stop tailpieces, knobs, tuners etc? Also, is it possible to order white Sperzels or something? Or is it possible to spray it white...
MORE »
Richie C

Line 6 Amps...

Updated
More specifically, the Spider Valve, Flextone III, and the Vetta. I'm currently using a Tone Port and I love the little thing to death. Also, I'm downsizing my amp since I can never really open it up enough since I'm...
MORE »