El Jefe

Used Jcm900 50w or new Jet city 50w???

Updated
both go for about the same price, the Jet city head would be new. No one has one around for me to try out but I have a line on a 50w JCM900 head for $550 that I'll be able to try first. Help a brother out! Which would you go...
MORE »
thez0r

Whats your favorite single coil pickup for the slanted neck position on ESPs & LTDs?

Updated
I'm going around a bit in circles trying to figure out what would be the best option. I have two mavericks (mv-200 and mv-300). The mv-200 has a SD JB in the bridge and it sounds exactly how I want it to. The duncan...
MORE »
DUKE

Attenuators 101...please help!

Updated
Can anyone school me on attenuators? I've never used one before, but I'm considering looking into getting one so I can get a good cranked-up sound within reasonably low volumes. The most common one I've seen is the THD Hot...
MORE »
davidrf

LTD EC 1000: SD Alnico vs. SD JB/'59

Updated
Hi everyone! I'm about to buy a brand new LTD EC 1000, but I have this doubt: the finish I'd like to get is Goldtop, but it has Alnico humbuckers. For what I want to play (rock/hard rock/a bit of not too heavy Metal),...
MORE »
ammar

Changing speakers in a 2x12!

Updated
Hey guys, I am about to get a 2x12 cab. It is mono/stereo switchable using the input jack(s). The speakers are wired to each input jack and the jacks are connected to some sort of green circuit board. I assume that the...
MORE »
Question about Ohms...

Question about Ohms...

Updated
I have a KUSTOM GROOVE 1200HD which puts out: 1200 Watts @ 2 Ohms 800 Watts @ 4 Ohms 500 Watts @ 8 Ohms My cabinet is a KUSTOM GROOVE G410H which can handle: 1000 Watts power handling 8 Ohms Impedance Now I...
MORE »
Justinschut

2 Questions: Onespot adapter and solo boost

Updated
Ok 2 questions, one is about the Onespot adapter: I have one and liked it, but then I tried to put it in a socket with protective plastic or whatever in it and the pins pretty much went into the adapter. They still stick...
MORE »
Touring Bass Rig

Touring Bass Rig

Updated
This is the bass rig I use during shows. I still have 4 rack spaces available so send your ideas my way: Kustom Groove 1200HD DBX 215s Dual EQ Behringer BTR2000 Rack Tuner Furman PL-PLUS Power Conditioner and Light...
MORE »
distortionman

power amp problems

Updated
Hello I am currently putting together a rack and I have trouble finding a power amplifier so I thought of using a PA power amp insteed and I have some questions The amplifier I have chosen is a Samson Servo 200 1...
MORE »
Tfr123

Emg solderless help

Updated
I recently ordered a new ESP ltd mv200. When I received it, it had an emg 81 solderless and a fender single coil that was passive. How can you mix passive and active pickups without the sound being messed up and how can you...
MORE »
Robotsatemygrandma

Fuzz my wah pedal in a pup? Oh my!

Updated
What's up guys, been a long ass time... I'm in a pickle, need multiple answers NAOW! :lol Fuzz pedals!? What's a good fuzz pedal with note clarity and sustain... maybe on the darker side of the tone spectrum? I...
MORE »
cecilbag

New Amp Day, new to me anyways

Updated
Hey guys I just got a Splawn Quick Rod and Splawn snakeskin cab of another forum member. Big thanks to metlupass2 for the good deal and transaction. I also picked up his evh flanger and 10 band eq. I've only played it an hour...
MORE »
garyjfoster

Boss hm-2

Updated
Does anyone use or own one of these pedals? Do you like it or don't like it?...
MORE »
Newfs

Recording my Amp - Help!

Updated
I wanted to start making recording some clips from my Rectoverb to my PC. Going to a local shop the owner recommended I go from Speaker level to a DI box (ART Zdirect) to a XLR-to-3.5mm converter. I would be looking at...
MORE »
unforgiven

just picked up a marshall avt cab

Updated
got it for $200 like brand new...
MORE »