Cryptos

Vox Tonelab vs HD300 vs ME-70

Updated
For use with my amps clean channel. I hear line 6 is better for use threw a PA can anyone tell me how it sounds threw an amp....
MORE »
1x12 or 2x12 cabinets?

1x12 or 2x12 cabinets?

Updated
I know it may be a silly question, but I'm not used to tube amps other than combos. I have also googled it but data is controversial. I'm thinking about purchasing a 50w tube head and a cabnet. I live in an apartment, what...
MORE »
Digitech GSP 5, anyone use it?

Digitech GSP 5, anyone use it?

Updated
has anyone used the older Digitech GSP 5, i found a used one with foot switch for $60, and just wondering if anyone has experience with it....
MORE »
Digiadaamore

levys M7GP straps?

Updated
Hey guys, has anyone used one of these? I hate the stiffnes of normal leather straps, these are garment leather with a poly backing. The thing is im worried the backing might be too slippery? I dont like the strap sliding...
MORE »
Order of Effects

Order of Effects

Updated
I have a Boss Multi-Effects 50 and a NS-2. Should the NS-2 go before or after the ME-50? It seems like when I put the ME in the fx loop the NS-2 is less effective in the front of the amp(I have alot of noise from old...
MORE »
MXR Carbon Copy owners

MXR Carbon Copy owners

Updated
I had got a brand new MXR Carbon Copy and when I arrived home I noticed that the REGEN knob is a little bit stiff from 7:00 to 11:00, becoming softer from 11:00 all way up -- similar to the other two knobs. After that, I...
MORE »
Liquid Thrash

Peavy XXX ll vs ENGL Savage 120 vs Marshall JVM 410H

Updated
I currently own the XXX and want to upgrade, I mainly play Thrash but play pretty much everything, I'm looking for the best tone from thrash/heavy metal to blues,jazz and classical. (An all genre amp basically) Most...
MORE »
blackstar HT-5RS

blackstar HT-5RS

Updated
hey guys, im looking at getting a small amp, iv been out of the loop for a year or so due to the military, so im just starting to get back into this stuff. does anybody know much about this company or there products. i was...
MORE »
EHX modulation pedals

EHX modulation pedals

Updated
I decided to go analog, since I usually keep the same sets in the effects I use. I already had a a BOSS TU-3, an Ibanez TS9 reissue and a Morley Bad Horsie 2, and ordered some MXR last week (Carbon Copy, Phase 100 and...
MORE »
Redbeard

Changing Pickups for the First Time

Updated
Howdy, Heres my situation: I have a owned an ESP LTD F400 guitar for a few years now. The guitar came setup with 2 emg 81 active pickups. It has one volume knob and one tone knob, along with a 3 way pickup choice switch....
MORE »
TonyFlyingSquirrel

Synth Users/Players: Post your Synths of choice, hardware or softsynth.

Updated
I'm still using my old faithful Alesis QS-7 (76 key) for many of my sounds, and as my main controller, but I also love the Emulator 3 softsynth, and the PSYN II that came with Sonar Producer. I'm gassing for a Korg M50-71...
MORE »
Marshall 1960(B)V x 1960AV

Marshall 1960(B)V x 1960AV

Updated
I was doing some research about the 1960A and the 1960AV, trying to decide which one would fit better my taste. I had been towards the A models only because I think they look better, but then I read that the 1960A and the...
MORE »
Digiadaamore

Blackstar HT-5R vs HT-5RS

Updated
Hey guys im going to be picking up an ht5 and i was wondering. is there a large difference between the 1x12 combo and the stack with the 2 12's? im not looking for more volume or anything, the lower volume is what i want, im...
MORE »
Pedal Repair

Pedal Repair

Updated
Is there a place that I can send a pedal to for repair that won't cost more than the pedal? My MXR Stereo Chorus pedal sounds horrible, sort of distorted even when it's off. Any ideas what is wrong? Not sure if it's worth...
MORE »
Digiadaamore

D' addario question

Updated
Does anyone else find addarios way more buzzy than any other brand? Twice in different gauges ive gone to addarios and had buzz that wasnt there before:confused:...
MORE »