I want to replace my black Floyd Rose on my Alexi 600 but I dont know what r2,r3,r4 means. Help?

Updated
I want to replace my black Floyd Rose on my Alexi 600 but I dont know what r2,r3,r4 means. Help?

I want a replacement bridge for my alexi 600 but I dont know witch one out of the following are the right ones for my guitar

Floyd Rose Original Series Tremolo Bridge with R2 Nut Gold

FLOYD ROSE ORIGINAL TREMOLO GOLD W/ LOCKNUT R3 MADE IN GERMANY

ORIGINAL Floyd Rose Bridge TREMOLO KIT GOLD W/ R4 NUT 37MM BLOCK

I have no idea what R# means. can anyone tell me, and better yet tell me wich one is the aproprate one for my Alexi 600?

DreadKing

I believe the R# are the model numbers that represent the nut width for each OFR.
R2 fitting a neck width of 1-5/8'' (41.30mm) for a 10 inch radius.
R3 for neck widths of 1-11/16'' (42.90mm) also for a 10 inch radius 
R4 for a neck width of 1-3/4'' (can't specify mm)

I'd say the R2 would be a fit for you Alexi 600, but I RECOMMEND IF YOU CAN, take it to a luthier and have em measure for you which OFR would fit better, because its either going to be the R2 or R3 for sure, forget about the R4.

DreadKing

Heres a PDF chart i found for OFR.
The Nut # stands for the R#.
Width is for the neck width
and I think that alone can help determine which OFR is suited once you get a measurement of your guitar.

DreadKing

So I messed around with my FR guitar and if you screw off the base plate where you lock the nut, beneath the base plate should say what type of R# it should be.

Done this with my ESP LTD-KH202 and mine says R1. So hopefully, the base plate on yours says which R# you need fitted.

Post to Thread