TC Electronic Polytune Problem

Updated
waitin4winter
The TC Electronic Polytune seems to be one of the most highly regarded tuners today, which really puzzles me. I bought one right about the time they first came out, and this is the issue I had: the 6-strings-at-once mode didn't precisely match the one-string-at-a-time mode. E.g. I could tune my guitar using the 6-string mode. Then when I try each string individually, some of them needed to be tweaked slightly. And vice verse, after I tuned each string individually, the 6-string mode would show a couple strings to be slightly off. I returned the pedal because of this. I'm surprised today that many people, including professionals, hail this as one of the best tuner pedals out there. Did I just happen to get a dud? Or are people overlooking (knowingly or not) this tuning discrepancy?
Irontusk73

Did you have any pedals going before it? I thought mine was messed up but I had a boost in front of it at the time and when I turned it off it worked just fine. My low E is the only thing that doesn't match up sometimes.

Vedran P.

Probably. I bought mine a year, year and a half ago and it works perfectly with bas, guitar.., electric violin :D.., and in all mods.., and also it powers my other pedals, so yeah.., gr8 thing.., ur's was probably just a dud :(

Gisornator

Mine works fine and I also have the first generation (the 2nd is slightly different and has a brighter display). Do you have any effects before the tuner and/or maybe your nuts on the guitar are worn or not in best shape to keep the tune?

Vedran P.

uuuu.., tc amps are kewl.., but they're so very expensive :/

Post to Thread