Randall RG100ES vs. RH150

Updated
Randall RG100ES vs. RH150
So for you Randall users, if you had the choice between a RG100es (Dimebag favored) or a RH150, which would you choose? theres a RH150 at my local GC for 300 bucks, and a RG100es on craigslist for 200 (both come with footswitch.) Ive been wanting that RH, but Ive recently been reading some reviews where they talk about a few problems (very bassy. vol. cuts out,) So before its too late, should I try to get the RG? note: the RH150 has built in effects. and I like some chorus in my clean..so thats a plus on the RH end
Shaun

So youre saying the jags are nonos

NeedsMoreBlueBell

So youre saying the jags are nonos

Yesyes.

Hell, you can probably find a V30-loaded 2x12 for pretty cheap. If you don't crank it too high, it'll handle the RH150's output.

MV-CTM

also if you like greenbacks Randall has a 700 dollar 4x12 with them if you simply must buy new. FYI they are front loaded

Shaun

Well ive read a few reviews about that specific cab and the jaguar speakers in general and a few people seem to enjoy them.
Also.
I GOT THE HEAD! ITS FRIKIN AMAZING.
I put the line out into the guitar jack of my spider :D
Sounds MUCH BETTER than when i played it at GC through a raven 4x12.

Shaun

Heres what i read in a forum about a guy questioning buying a randall cab:

"They're the best in-house made speakers you can get."

"a guy at the Ampfest had a madison going through a randall cab that I'm guessing had jaguars in it. I thought it sounding pretty damn good actually."

" Jaguars are really nice speakers. A 4x12 Jaguar compact cab would be a great cab for an early guitarist who wants better tone. I've played high gain tube amps, low gain tube amps, high gain SS amps, and even low gain SS amps through a Jaguar 4x12 compact and it handles it all well"

NeedsMoreBlueBell

Wonder how good those older Jaguar speakers are... I've seen love for them, but I HATE the newer ones. Fizzy pieces of shit.

Shaun

Its certainly an older model

NeedsMoreBlueBell

Yup, pretty sure those cabs are pre-USMC (Before 1995). Can you find a date on it?

Shaun

I have a serial number if that helps.
9802R1263

Post to Thread