Anybody know a good NECK polish ?

Updated
Metaldude
as the title says im looking for some polish to refresh my carvin custom shops neck . it's a satin neck , and I can't find any cleaner or care kit for necks ( not fretboard ) ! so does anybody know a good polish or cleaner ?
Digiadaamore

is it oiled or satin finished? if its oiled a good gunstock oil is the best thing for it, but i believe you mean its satin finished?

Metaldude

I think it's satin , it's not gleaming at all like oil necks

Digiadaamore

well im not sure then, sorry. hopefully someone knows. ive used really fine grit sandpaper on a satin neck before. if your light it just gives you a fresh surface

EvolutionVII

Dunlop Carnuba Wax

Metaldude

Dunlop Carnuba Wax

carnauba wax ? I have one , but I only use it for the guitars body . can u actually use it for the neck as well ? I'm a bit skeptic , but thanks for the suggestion

load more replies (1 of 1)
Metaldude

ok man , but thanks !

JSHRED

I can't quite put my finger on it, but if my inner Luthier instincts were some kind of Jiminy Cricket, he'd be saying wax can't be very fast on a neck. I could be wrong, I'd have to try it. But my reaction would be that you'd want a satin finish to either be dry and fast, or oily and fast. I'd probably hit it with Dunlop Formula 65 and a cloth, and if you're still not loving it, I guess you could then go back and go over it with furniture lemon oil.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Mirror glaze, been using it for years.

Post to Thread