Wah/Crybaby Shootout.

Updated
TonyFlyingSquirrel
Did a search, only found a few one on one comparisons, thought I'd make a poll for tangible numbers. Cast your votes for favorite selection, & feel free post why you picked one over any/all others.
cecilbag

I played a ton of wahs in the last few weeks and had it down to the cantrell, wylde, and cae/dunlop. I went with the cae/dunlop. Its super versatile and the red/yellow fasel is really handy, the boost I don't use much.

Metaldude

I voted for the KH ;)

it's a really nice wah ! the depts are really good and the all over sound when playing some Metallica solos will make u sound like Kirk , or a little atleast ;)

the graphic is also sick and if u r looking for the KH wah sound u should go with this one . ( even if u don't use emgs or a MesaBoogie it still sounds just like Kirk )

BroKV

Wait for it........

BroKV

Wait for it........

Will this be featured in the Cherokee Nation News?

Ahh, there it is. Lol

TonyFlyingSquirrel

I'm really curious for feedback on the Cantrell & the Bonamassa.
I've heard good things about the Slash, but I don't need additional disto with a wah pedal.

ESP 348

I rarely use a wah pedal.

I used to own a 'classic' Vox wah pedal that I bought 10+ years ago. One day I decided to replace it with a KH wah pedal.

I don't have the luxury to go and play/test out any brand of wah pedal, so I just bought the KH wah online and gave it a go.

And let me tell you, it is really, REALLY nice! A wide range of sounds that makes this wah 1000 times better than my old Vox wah.

I am very happy with it and I also agree it looks great. Got my vote.

itsallinmyh3ad

I had the Dime, the Hammett, the Slash, and the classic with fasel. I want to play a Cantrell, but in the meantime I have a Ernie Ball wah, and let me tell you...It is a really great and underrated wah. The sweep is inmense, and it does not have ear piercing highs.

Metaddict

What about the Dimebag Darrel Cry Baby From Hell?

kristomizer

I have the hendrix and I do not recommend it.

Harvesterofsorrow1199

i voted the kh, best wah ive ever owned and ive owned most of the ones on the list

TonyFlyingSquirrel

i voted the kh, best wah ive ever owned and ive owned most of the ones on the list

What are the things about it that set it apart from the others?

TonyFlyingSquirrel

I'm still surprised no detailed experiences on the Cantrell wah. I've always admired his use of it, completely the opposite of the way Hammet uses it.

I think I find that Cantrell uses it more as a high freq sweep to accent phrases, and rarely rocks it all the way back to the heel. I like the way he does this.

WildeStarr

None of the above.

:cool:

load more replies (1 of 1)
Richard A.

Though i rarely plug it in i have the KH dig it quite a bit.

That said i want to pick up the CAE and Bonamassa

Omerta

What about the Crybaby from Hell??? Thats my vote.

Thrash

What about the Crybaby from Hell??? Thats my vote.

This

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Kinda interesting noone raves about the EVH wah. Never figured how he got his own siggy wah anyway, he never used one before "Carnal".

Velt017

The Hammett wah is incredible. I've owned/played most of those and IMO they don't hold a candle to the Hammett wah. Its just the right sound.

I also really liked the Zakk wah with my Marshall and my EL34 XXX, but it was poop with my Dual Rec

cecilbag

The cae is like a more defined wylde wah when you're on the red fasel. I've only had mine a week but I love it, best wah I've had.

Shredz

I've got a Crybaby Classic, 535q and a ZW Wah, I like the ZW the best, just straight forward no frills badassness, would like to try the hammet one though, just to see what the rave is all about, but I must say the toe down/high end of the ZW is so badass that when I reach that position I pull it back just a touch and find that that sweetens the whole deal so much that it makes you wonder how pissed I am at the moment :lol, seriously though, Zakk is the man, buy his wah!

vector350

LOL! My wah is not listed as a poll option. For my money, I like the Morley Bad Horsie 2. I've played the Dunlops, and the Vox and liked 'em but really kinda dig the BH2 and it doesn't make me sound like Vai.:rollin

TonyFlyingSquirrel

There were many other choices I would have loved to have included, but polls only allow 10 options, and I was curious to hear about some of the models not commonly referred to, such as the Satch & VH models.

Post to Thread