power amp problems

Updated
distortionman
Hello I am currently putting together a rack and I have trouble finding a power amplifier so I thought of using a PA power amp insteed and I have some questions The amplifier I have chosen is a Samson Servo 200 1 what difference does it do and what sounds can I expect 2 when I read the manual of the amplifier, it said that the speakers must be connected to the plus and minus 3 in a similar manual it said that both channels should have a speaker connected, is this necessary or has it something to do with it only having one powerswitch for both channels. 4 Why Does all poweramps having two channels sorry for my english i tried to do my best thank you for your time
zodiac272

hey,

a PA power amp will be a solid state amp that doesn't really color the signal, and very cleanly boosts the signal. It won't have the balls and tone and flexibility of a tube power amp such as the mesa 2:90, 2:95, or something like a VHT 2:90:2. You won't get any output tube distortion or color. It will all be preamp distortion.

It's always a good idea to keep speakers plugged into the correct taps and avoid damaging output tranny or other internals. Some 2 channel guitar power amps allow you turn the volume to zero and the presence to 10 of an unused channel. check specific user manuals on that. having two channels adds flexibility and makes it easier to run a rig in stereo.

What are you using for a preamp? Do you have any other amps you are interested in?

i hope this helps

scott

rjs

ur beater off finding a rocktron velocity used for the same price !

distortionman

hey,

a PA power amp will be a solid state amp that doesn't really color the signal, and very cleanly boosts the signal. It won't have the balls and tone and flexibility of a tube power amp such as the mesa 2:90, 2:95, or something like a VHT 2:90:2. You won't get any output tube distortion or color. It will all be preamp distortion.

It's always a good idea to keep speakers plugged into the correct taps and avoid damaging output tranny or other internals. Some 2 channel guitar power amps allow you turn the volume to zero and the presence to 10 of an unused channel. check specific user manuals on that. having two channels adds flexibility and makes it easier to run a rig in stereo.

What are you using for a preamp? Do you have any other amps you are interested in?

i hope this helps

scott

i have an ada mp1 as preamp
as far as power amp i thought about something with tube like marshall, mesa bt they are exspensive which is why i thought of the samson

Post to Thread