Kirk Signature Wah Pedal

Updated
metallimat
hey, sorry if this has been asked before but is there any difference between the Original Cry Baby and the Kirk Signature apart from the looks and the price!? Any help/feedback would be appreciated!
KH Guitar Freak

hey, sorry if this has been asked before but is there any difference between the Original Cry Baby and the Kirk Signature apart from the looks and the price!?

Any help/feedback would be appreciated!

The answer is yes. If you are into KH's wah tone, the KH wah is for you. I personally don't like the original Crybaby as stock cause there's a loss of treble response whenever the pedal is in the signal chain...

Harvesterofsorrow1199

the hammett crybaby is killer, i sold my cfh and my wylde wah after getting mine

metallimat

thanks for your replies guys

Tsinthegame

If you are into KH's wah tone, the KH wah is for you.

+1

I ordered one as soon as they came out and it's been my main wah since.

Brian6262

Hi, i know this is my first post and what not, but i can promise you the KH wah is well worth the money and you wont be disappointed.

ammar

Boy, am I glad I stumbled upon this thread.

I have been having problems getting my KH wah to sound good, not enough sweep range I would say, only a small range in the middle. If i rock it all the way, there is no "wah" or "cry" effect at all.

i bought used, could be there anything wrong with it?

Thanks

Velt017

Boy, am I glad I stumbled upon this thread.

I have been having problems getting my KH wah to sound good, not enough sweep range I would say, only a small range in the middle. If i rock it all the way, there is no "wah" or "cry" effect at all.

i bought used, could be there anything wrong with it?

Thanks

You may have to adjust the pot.

jsp

That doesn't sound right. It should have a huge range. Think of how exaggerate Kirk's wah sound is, you should be able to get that sort of range.

ESP 348

That doesn't sound right. It should have a huge range. Think of how exaggerate Kirk's wah sound is, you should be able to get that sort of range.

Yep, something don't seem right with his. Mine sounds great. :)

Perhaps he should take it to his local music store, plug it in and compare with one they have available for customers to "demo". :)

ammar

^ Please elaborate.:(

ammar

:\

load more replies (1 of 1)
Velt017

Oh, sorry, there's a pot that rolls when you rock the pedal back and forth. That may need to be adjusted. There's one screw that holds the bar that moves a gear when you rock the pedal. loosen that screw to push the bar back. At that point you can adjust the pot.

ammar

After adjusting the pot, as suggested by a fellow member here, the KH wah kicks some serious ass.

ESP 348

After adjusting the pot, as suggested by a fellow member here, the KH wah kicks some serious ass.

Great to hear!! Enjoy mate. :)

Murdoc

So that adjustment to the pot did work to widen the sweep?

I wasn't the one who gave you the advice but I read it.

Explorer45

Sold my 535Q after I got the KH wah. So another +1 for the KH here.

Justinschut

Im not sure if the adjustment was to improve the pedal in general or just to fix the problem that he had with his specific pedal

ammar

It is a problem my pedal had, you can say that mine needed calibration.

Murdoc

Eh, I guess you'll have that sometimes.

nabeel

Is the KH wah just the crybaby with a red fasel? I did the red fasel mod on my original CB, much improved

Harvesterofsorrow1199

Is the KH wah just the crybaby with a red fasel? I did the red fasel mod on my original CB, much improved
not quite, the voice of the wah has been altered slightly, its more liek the settings on his rack wah wich is mostly everything at 1:00

i sold my cfh wah,. wylde wah and crybaby original fasel wah after getting the hammett sig model, its that good

nabeel

I guess I'll have to check it out, though I don't use the wah much. I wish they had it non-signature, don't wanna seem like a fanboy :P

ammar

I guess I'll have to check it out, though I don't use the wah much. I wish they had it non-signature, don't wanna seem like a fanboy :P

Hey man, sig model or not, a green burst with skeleton foot is a bad-ass look ;)

Justinschut

I gotta mess around with it some more in a store and then maybe some day..

I got rid of the Bad Horsie I had cuz I never used wah (or any pedals for that matter), but I do have a pedal board now so maybe when I get the band up and running again

Post to Thread