Mesa Mark V....low volumes??

Updated
DB-VII
I love the sound the Mark V has (especially the high gain), but Im wondering how it sounds at low volumes at the 10 watt setting?? I have been "chasing" amps trying to find the "one" and I really like the Mark V but I play mostly at lower volumes, any thoughts ideas?? Thanks
spawnofthesith

Do it. The Mark V is the best sounding tube amp at low volumes that I have played. When I had mine, I spent the most time on 10 watt mode on channel 3, and 90 watts on the other two. Either way, the master volume has a great taper, and 10 watt mode sounds awesome.

DB-VII

ok, I just wasnt sure if I'd defeating the purpose if it "lived" in the 10 watt setting most of the time, dont get me wrong there are times I can use the 45 and 90. Im just having trouble finding an amp with great high gain sound at lower volumes, everything I see and hear about the Mark V seems to be awesome.

Big Rich

the mark 5 is an awesome bedroom amp, im always on 10 watts variac power in myh ouse and it sounds awesome at low volumes

ammar

I always wanted a MESA, i have been eying the Mark V, pricey but worth it IMHO, it is not a one trick pony and as Rich said, great at bedroom levels.

DB-VII

Man I was hoping you guys weren't gonna say that about the V. I may just have to pull the trigger....

capoeiraesp

I ran my Mark V on 10 watt mode for the first time in ages last night.
God damn, even at the low volumes this amp is incredible. Ch3 loses a bit in the low end but not in a bad way. It has an incredible cut and definition to it.
I'm picking up a Maxon OD808 today to try with it :)

Mark K.

Played a Mark V today at the local shop.

I was really dissapointed about the ch3.
I'm not fooling but, it just didn't had enough gain when I did fast triplets on my low E string. When chording and stuff it had enough. But I was reallly dissapointed about that.

Another thing is that it didn't had the balls to the wall sound. IMO...

BUT when I watch Big Rich' vids on youtube there it is, the gain and the balls to the wall...

Also played an engl invader, which was soooo much better IMO..

Zilla

Its your hands.

Mark K.

Its your hands.

Maybe it is..

Post to Thread