NAD Triple Rectifier

Updated
NAD Triple Rectifier
Just got this baby yesterday. It rocks! Just great heavy tones and the cleans aren't bad at all. Still need to get a cab for it though. I'm currently using the Speakers from my line 6. They'll suffice for now.
Zilla

I heard turning the bass and treble all the way up and putting the mids at zero help a lot to unmud these amps.

dont forget to max out the gain.

Vazman2

Sweet. Thanks for all the help.

tyler t.

can i lick it? lol i want to know what awesomeness tastes like ! i am looking at a dual rectifier. i really like the distortion channel and the heavy low end.

deus ex machina

Isn't the triple supposed to be kinda dryer and tighter sounding than the dual anyway? My guess is more headroom means less poweramp sag which means it relies more on it's preamp gain which might mean tighter/dryer?

:confused:

Grindting

Isn't the triple supposed to be kinda dryer and tighter sounding than the dual anyway? My guess is more headroom means less poweramp sag which means it relies more on it's preamp gain which might mean tighter/dryer?

to hear the difference re the above, you'd have to blast the living fuck out of them. the single recto will have as much headroom as the triple recto at bedroom / low level playing. the recto series are probably some of the loudest amps ever made. they are designed for stadium use, so they will cut in the biggest of venues and the sound will carry across the PA like no ones business.

before the power amp has any impact in the tone (when comparing between the different amps in the recto series specifically) the amp needs to be cranked.

me and my old bandmate had recto's, i had a single and he had a dual. he had more channel options and could setup his 3rd channel for a lead sound, where as i was limited to only 2 channels, so used to use a OD pedal in front of the clean channel for my leads (for early 80s mid gain lead tones).
my single recto sounded better, because at our band practice volumes the power amp was really kicking in and i got the kind of saggy/saturation that i wanted. his was still predominantly pre-amp, as he had still a long way to go (volume wise) before he could reach the same push of the power tubes.

if it were just a single guitarist band, then he could crank it more and perhaps get to the level of the single recto's ability to push the power section, from the duel.

jsp

In my experience with the single and the triple, they actually get tighter when you go from quiet to loud, not necessarily getting up to completely cranked, but by then you're already waaaaay beyond bedroom levels.

Vazman2

Thanks!

Grindting

:rollin fuck me, finally someone with something substantial between their ears steps into the fray

Grindting

can of wife-beater i see...

Gfunk

can of wife-beater i see...

Whah?

Grindting

but upon closer inspection the writing (although blurry), looks chinese.

could be that Tao stuff?

Gfunk

It is Alex drinking a Stella.

MV-CTM

Also try switching from the tube rectifier to the solid-state one

Guitarslingerans

Controlling the FX loop controls can actually give you a damn good tone at really low levels on a recto. Seems a lot of people don't know about that little trick.

Gfunk

:lol

I had no idea Stella had that unfortunate image in Limeyland.

Grindting

i think it mostly pertains to the stella on tap and the stella in cans (both of which are brewed in the UK as it happens). the stella in the small french bottles is actually a different beer (as its imported from france) and isnt so bad. but its not so often drunk in comparison

its cheaper to buy it in cans naturally (often 33% extra free :lol)

alex i thought the consensus now was that its almost embarrassing to even ask for a pint of stella lol. surely even the shittest bars in town must have something better on offer lol?

i've only ever drank it off the tap once in my entire life. 4 pints when i was 17 after my shift at M&S with this girl, i was absolutely in tatters. the most rotten hangover ever and so pissed my mum was furious when i managed to get home :lol i was in bits

its grim for sure, never again :p

dissonance

It's always nice to hear my gf ask for a wifebeater.... I like Stella and usually have some in stock at home.

Congrats on the amp!

jsp

What is the loop trick?

Guitarslingerans

What is the loop trick?

engage loop--->Crank the "Send" knob way up. It acts as a weird gain/low mid/thickener boost sorta dealie. It's weird, and I don't understand WHY it does that...but it does. So basically, it sounds like it's loud because of the added gain/saturation/thickness, but at a LOW volume. It's pretty neat.

Guitarslingerans

Yerp.

Juanjay24

Yeah I like the Mesa's going thru my Marshall 1960a

Post to Thread