Good distortion pedals for Valveking

Updated
morphius1
I've got a Peavy valveking 212 and the distortion on it is good but not up to much really.. Im looking for a great metal pedal that you just plug into the amp on clean and not have to fiddle with 'in/out effects' sockets. Thanks
diadorastriker

I like the boss metal zone in my peavy. In general, I dont like distortion pedals but it gets the job done.

Dilzdo21

dude buy a TS9 and run it in front of your distortion channel , it will kick the amp up a bit and get you full saturation

or buy the VOX saturator and run that on clean or dirty channel

Dark Alone

You don't need a distortion pedal with a Valveking. If you think you do, you're doing it wrong.

morphius1

You don't need a distortion pedal with a Valveking. If you think you do, you're doing it wrong.

It sounds good with my emgs but sounds nasty with my seymores, so i was thinking instead of getting emgs getting a distortion pedal to get a good balance between the 2 sets of pups

antipole

Perhaps a Tubescreamer will bring out the Valveking further

TheDevilHimself

Perhaps a Tubescreamer will bring out the Valveking further

+1

Usual affordable solutions:

Ibanez Tonelok Ts-7
Boss SD-1
Digitech Bad Monkey

Dark Alone

If I had to recommend anything, I suppose an overdrive pedal would be it. But an all-out distortion pedal, absolutely not.

emg32

If I had to recommend anything, I suppose an overdrive pedal would be it. But an all-out distortion pedal, absolutely not.

Yeah, I would stay away from distortion pedals. IMO they add nothing but buzz and fuzz.

Go with a OD pedal and use it pretty much as a clean boost on your Valvekings distortion channel. That should tighten up your tone and give it better saturation.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Brian

+1

I'd like to add an MXR GT-OD to that.

DeathrollJM

I have heard good metal clips from the valveking. I personally like the valveking module in revalver as well as in person. It has plenty of good saturation especially with an OD.

For a checp fic, the boss SD-1 is great (does the same thing as the TS-7 without the extra name hype $$), rolls of the bass and pumps the preamp with tones of mids, giving you more usable saturation and crunch. If you aren't happy with taht distortion a 6505, XXX, JSX or any other tub amp will disappoint you as well, becuase the valveking competes with the bad boys in terms of quality. that being said DA's claim that your doing it wrong is highly correct, or your just too anal.

Metaldude30

Throw an eq or BBE in the loop

sirsloop

try out a digitech tl-2....pretty damn clean pedal. You could just put in a hotter pup and crank the amp.

Post to Thread