Thinking of getting a Peavey Valveking half stack

Updated
morphius1
I've got the Peavey Valveking 112 but figured, since ive got the money, i should get a better amp for gigs. Only problem is, im a head/cab noob so i was wondering if you need to buy a seperate cable to connect the two, or does it come with the head? thanks for any help
jsp

On a side note, I'd recommend getting a better cab used than a new Valveking cab.

ozzuk1

I've heard that the valveking head works better with soemthing like a marshall cab or soemthing as good/better with celestion's...

I like my 212 combo however 412's will project better with an angled cab...

Plus the valveking speakers are ok...

spawnofthesith

I was in a similar situation as you a few months ago, and here is something to consider, I personally ended up getting a used Peavey 5150 II head, and a Vader 2x12 cab, and it cost me about the same a valveking halfstack would.

TheSandman

yea I've heard peavey cab's are pretty bad. I second getting a celestion loaded cab, probably can pick up an avatar cab for a good price.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Necroticism07

Get a Bugera 333 and a used Marshall 1960AV or mesa cab

ZULND3R

or you could just buy a used 5150 halfstack?

the_emptier

whatt type of music are you playing? i thought the VK was going to be br00tz but i played it and i was like mehhhh then i plugged into an xxx and jizzed

TheDevilHimself

Jesus, the Peavey cabs aren't that bad as you all try make them seem. :rolleyes:
Ok... the MG cab is really not too great though.

load more replies (1 of 1)
spawnofthesith

get a vader or an avatar for a cab. Either of those would be better than the marsahll or VK cab

morphius1

im looking for a cab that's kinda in between £200-£300, thats my problem, i can't really afford anything above that price tbh. plus all used ones i find on ebay are pickup only that are miles from where i live

so in the end i might end up just buying the peavey cab.

But does anyone know of any decent, cheap cabs?

ozzuk1

Seems like he's UK based...So vader and avatar cabs are a no go...

Definately get the valveking cab or marshall 1960A cab...

Dont get the MG cab....

The VK112 should be good for gigs it is 50 watts which is plenty loud for most smaler-medium gigs...

I'd also advice you use an od to boost the overdrive channel Thats what I do mostly definately adds some oomph and balls, and gives gives a slightly better tone...
Adds some saturation to the amp too..

Dont use something like a "metal" pedal they tend not to sound too good..

Get something like an SD-1 TS-9 or bad monkey, I have the latter and it works really well...

load more replies (2 of 2)
Post to Thread