Power Amp and guitar questions

Updated
zerosk8r900
I have an ADA MP-1 preamp and I was wondering what would be a good, cheap yet reliable poweramp that was 120 watts or more. Also, I'm upgrading from my LTD EX-400 to an LTD deluxe series, an Ibanez, or possibly a Schecter. Since the nearest guitar store is about an hour and a half away, I want some guitars that you guys could suggest. I would prefer an OFR trem, or any of the Ibanez RG Prestige or S series trems, EMG's, Seymour Duncan's, or Dimarzio's. I would prefer any other finish than black. Thanks in advance.
Bridge The Void

OFR > Edge

The ones they currently offer, anyway. The original Edge bridge was sick. Don't think you can go wrong with a 1000 series LTD, unless Abalone makes you sick :p

As for the poweramp, you need >120W total, or per side? I hope you are gigging some big venues, because that's some serious wattage :p

DeathrollJM

The carvin TS100 is the cheapest tube power amp, it is 100 watts of win, louder than you will ever need.

if you decide to go Solid State (which i highly dis-recommend) carvin makes cheap solid state amps that sound beyond amazing.

not a brand you see at your guitar store though.

I would prefer any other finish than black.

what is wrong with black, is it too metal for you :p

jk

i only play black.

jk2171

VHT 2/90/2 is highly recommended. I used to have that and an MP-1 pre-amp and the sound was incredible.

zerosk8r900

thanks a lot for the info guys. I'm looking into the Carvin TS100 and an Ibanez RG2570 with the edge zero trem. Is there any halfway decent power amps out there that i could find for around $250 that are 100 watts?

zerosk8r900

The local store has a Peavey Classic 50/50 power amp for exactly $250. What would be a good SS that wouldn't be too expensive?

Post to Thread