Boss GT8 users..

Updated
Shreddy
Anyone on the boards use the Boss GT8 other than me? :x If you do, please share your patches :) Cheers, Shreddy
BigMESA

I bought one and took it back 3 days later. I didn't care for the way it colored the tone of my amp and not to mention I didn't have a degree in wtfcircuitry to be able to program it lol.

Bridge The Void

I love mine. Selling it because I have better gear, but still I think its real good.

Tone colouration? I used mine purely as a preamp, straight into a solid state power section. The Recto models were the ones I used the most, in particular the Vintage channel and Clean channel models. It does take some tweaking, but a few reads of the manual and once you know how it works, its quite versatile. Records nicely although makes a bit of noise, which is why I went for the USB interface thingy on the Pod XT.

Good sounding unit overall IMO, if you want something different to Line6, but to be used purely on its own, not interfaced with other preamps etc.

the_emptier

the gt-5 is loads better. takes forever to dial in tones but it goes down to the type of wood and everything

Shreddy

It took a while to get some nice tones, but im very pleased with it.

Bridge The Void

Tip for the GT-8:

If you're running both outputs in stereo, or using headphones, whack on the "Stereo Chorus". Its doesn't add too much of the chorus-y sound to it, just makes it sound HUGE.

Post to Thread