Where do you stand when dialing in tones?

Updated
Deadpulse
Do you stand up closer to it to try to capture what the mic will hear, or do you go far away to hear what the crowd would hear? I usually try to stay back and somewhat to the side so it doens't sound too sharp
Turbo Rico

If I can I dial with the whole band and I don´t wanna be infront and too close to the amp, a few feet away and maybe little on the side usually works the best for me. But I play Marshall so I already know how the amp´s gonna be set and passive EQ so it don´t really matter how I dial it... Mid 10, bass 6, treble 5 than I just have to tweak volume and gain.

Guitarslingerans

I stand where ever my nuts jiggle the most. When I blow my load, I know i have it EQ'd right.

-Ans-

Strange

I stand where ever my nuts jiggle the most. When I blow my load, I know i have it EQ'd right.

-Ans-

Man...I've GOT to get me one of those Maxon pedals! :D

Bridge The Void

My ear is usually next to the speaker :p

Butch

i like to stand somewhere where i can hear the amp, usually.

ESPimperium

Im kinda over my amp, when im arseing arround with settings, but then again theres not much for me to play with on my Royal 8, just a Gain, Tone and Volume.

Altho im gonna re buy a MT-2 (albeit Keeley Modded) soon to get some "metal" tones from it. Altho there are 3 Keeley pedals i now want i think.

DeathIsMyJustice

I move about abit... :hat

Post to Thread