Silletto/revelution/vh4/other

Updated
gothicpheonix
im looking for a head mainly for bedroom use but i still want it too be ballsy. I play thick bluesy metal with influences like Brand new sin/bls/soil/down/black sabbath. I need a ballsy scooped thick metal rhythm sound and i was wondering what you guys have or would recommend?
esp_gaijin

im looking for a head mainly for bedroom use but i still want it too be ballsy.

I play thick bluesy metal with influences like Brand new sin/bls/soil/down/black sabbath. I need a ballsy scooped thick metal rhythm sound and i was wondering what you guys have or would recommend?

i love my stiletto but not for what you describe,
my stiletto is perfect for el34 cleans and spikier punky sounds, and intentionally thin sounding riffs and leads ala peppers frusciante and a lot of led zep riffs (the thin ones not the thick ones ).

if for bedroom, probably get a modeling amp, i don't like the spider series but i'd imagine the hd147 and vetta sound good -- i've never played them tho.

vox's modeling amps are super easy to dial and play, and have a lot of good tones for classic rock; not super great for modern metal IMo but good for early Sabbath.

esp_gaijin

be kind, the poor kid is still traumatized, he actually SAW the robots eat his grandma,

and whether that means they consumed her, or they gave her the oral, either way i'm sure this kid needs some therapy.

chevy Z 302

Suhr Badger

/end thread

gothicpheonix

thanks for the replys guys, i know i said mainly bedroom use but i could always use some kind of power brake to get the vol down. i am looking at using it in a band too thats why i want a head as apposed to a combo.

my current amp is a Marshall dsl 401 but it lacks balls at times which is why i thought of the stiletto as it has the same valves.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Bridge The Void

The DSL has Valves :P

EL-84s have more balls than you can shake a stick at IMO, depending on what you're using. The "balls" in higher powered amps is usually accompanied by the relative volume that they are played at. The Tiny Terror or even your DSL is the best bet for bedroom practise, unless you're able to shake the walls in your own house regularly.

At the moment I'm using the Laney Lionheart 20W head, which is perfect for stage and studio, I'm setting it up in my room this weekend and gauging how long before my housemates complain :p It holds up fairly well at practise, so I'm 90% sure it'll handle a gig.

esp_gaijin

unless you're able to shake the balls* in your own house regularly.

this includes your own balls
your dad's balls
your little brother's balls
your cousin's balls when they come over for holidays
and your grandfather's balls if he resides with you

:D:D:D

gothicpheonix

The DSL has Valves :P

EL-84s have more balls than you can shake a stick at IMO, depending on what you're using. The "balls" in higher powered amps is usually accompanied by the relative volume that they are played at. The Tiny Terror or even your DSL is the best bet for bedroom practise, unless you're able to shake the walls in your own house regularly.

At the moment I'm using the Laney Lionheart 20W head, which is perfect for stage and studio, I'm setting it up in my room this weekend and gauging how long before my housemates complain :p It holds up fairly well at practise, so I'm 90% sure it'll handle a gig.

thanks man, yeah the dsl has el 34s i think but the rectofier in it has died twice now in two years and ive only been using it on channel2 with a tube screamer at times for a tighter lead sound.
My main guitars are a 1985 Gibson explorer with emgs (het kill em all style) and a 62 reissue sg with emgs.

I drive it pretty hard for a 40 watt at reasonably low volumes but it seems to just last a year and die again. i know its not the valves as Marshall has assured me of this and have fixed it both times for free.

ill try out the orange and get back to you guys when i get a chance but im just wondering is their another amp similar to the dsl that can take a little more punishment and still keep going.

LordCliffton

what is your budget? If unlimited, I say DIEZEL EINSTEIN(about $3500+). If not limited, I say Engl Powerball V2(about $2K).

gothicpheonix

what is your budget? If unlimited, I say DIEZEL EINSTEIN(about $3500+). If not limited, I say Engl Powerball V2(about $2K).

thanks again, ive listened to clips (mainly clean unfortunately) ,asked some friends and im thinking of going with a 50w Einstein head.

do any of you have one or who have tried one have sound clips or vids i could check out?

robbo22

im looking for a head mainly for bedroom use but i still want it too be ballsy.

I play thick bluesy metal with influences like Brand new sin/bls/soil/down/black sabbath. I need a ballsy scooped thick metal rhythm sound and i was wondering what you guys have or would recommend?

definitely not the stiletto. owned one for a few months. cool amp, but not at all what you just mentioned.

metsabbatallica

I dont think you will go for an Engl (though you should ) but something like a diezel would suit your tastes .

esp_gaijin

^waht he said. there's a vht deliv 60 in spam thread for a grand!

gothicpheonix

i spoke to the guys at diezel and they said a Einstein to the uk is like £1300 so im going to look into it further as for that price it sounds like a bargin

Post to Thread