What's a fair price for a used Mesa trad cab?

Updated
Asmodaus
I'm looking for one and for some of the prices on ebay + shipping I'm only a couple hundred from new prices.
esp_gaijin

i had a mint one, slant cab, that i found very hard to get sold locally when i listed in craigslist for $500,
but it finally sold to a guy who drove an hour to get it, for $475.

mint condition, v30s, etc.

i decided to go with straightfronts so i sold all my slant cabs, that's the only reason i sold it.

this is even worse - i went to musicgoround in louisville to ask what they'd give for that mesa and for a mint marshall 1960A, and they said max $200 for the marshall and max $225 for the mesa.

so just note that it's damn near impossible to get 4x12's sold, so anyone selling one needs to drop the price, or else you should just get it new somewhere.

i think $500 is a good price for a v30'ed cab.

someone in lex is now selling a marshall 1960B for $500, but these only have g1275T's in them so aren't worth near as much; i've considered asking if he'd take closer to $300ish. the B is a straight-front, so is why i'm interested; but w/out v30's in it i'm not willing to go $500, they were only about $650 new at all local stores last year.

esp_gaijin

+ shipping

don't even bother, it isn't worth it for seller or buyer on 4x12s for what it all ends up costing.

last time i shipped a 4x12 was 2-3 years ago, and it cost $130 just to ship it 2 states away.

get one local. check craigslist. don't overpay, people can't give the damn things away sometimes. i never did get my marshall slant sold, i only got it traded for a strat which i then sold - as it was shippable.

chevy Z 302

pretty much cant disagree with anything gaijin said above

if i sell my mesa cab im definitly prepared to wait quite some time to find a 'local' buyer. Cabs are a bitch to sell in anysize bigger than a 212 and even then i'd think shipping would be a killer.

I sort of want to downsize a bit and get a caa 212 but i dont know if i can do it

Asmodaus

Well in Missouri I'm in the market for a traditional 4 12 mesa.

load more replies (1 of 1)
nivek41

I bought a mint condition cabinet off of ebay for $525 and I picked it up.

Asmodaus

It amazes me now many go on ebay for $650 + $130 shipping. You might as well buy a new one.

Post to Thread