Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded

Updated
Orrendamente
Anybody have these pickups? I'm thinking of getting them for my M-100. Are they good for metal rhythm guitar?
InVinoVeritasXXX

Anybody have these pickups? I'm thinking of getting them for my M-100. Are they good for metal rhythm guitar?
By Hot Rodded, you mean the JB/2n-Jazz combo? It would depend on your amp, but yeah, they'd work.

CaptainFantastik

I just got that particular set in the mail today that I ordered off ebay. Can't wait to get em' put in. I had dual EMG 81's in my EC1000 but have gotten sick of them. I'm starting to prefer the more "organic" tone of passive pups.

deftoneskidd

got em in my ibby sz320.. love em.. not sure i'd recommend the jazz for metal, though..

CaptainFantastik

got em in my ibby sz320.. love em.. not sure i'd recommend the jazz for metal, though..

How are the cleans with the 2n Jazz pup in the neck position? According to the Seymour Duncan website Dave Mustaine used this particular combo

load more replies (1 of 1)
Bridge The Void

I had the JB in the bridge of my M-100 before the EMG's went in, perfect metal rhythm tone.

CaptainFantastik

I just de-soldered the wiring from my EMG's in my EC1000 and am about to try and do the installation for my JB/Jazz combo set. Hope I don't fuck it up, never did it before.

Post to Thread