Bogner Uberschall

Updated
Dying To Live
Alright, well I have my Horizon on the way;) but I'm going to need something to play it through. Right now I have a Fender Cyber Twin running through a Dr. Z 2x12 for a decent blues/jazz/country tone but I'm going to need an amp to go off the deep end with. Any suggestions? I'm a fan of ENGL's, the guy who I bought my Bill Nash off of recommended them. I've also heard rave reviews over Bogner Uberschalls. Any other hi-gain amps that you guys find to fit the bill. I'm not worried about prices at the moment- just scanning the market. All in all, I've prioritized effectiveness over versatility for this purchase- I mean hell, I have the cyber twin, that's enough variety. Just wondering if I haven't heard about the latest, greatest or the classic no one knows about? :confused: Thanks.
Deadpulse

the VHT Sig X should be wicked

Dark Alone

Get the Uberschall. :D

Guitarslingerans

If you want the Uberschall, do yourself a favor and consider seriously a Splawn Nitro. Takes teh Uber vibe and sonic qualities, and improves and polishes them, tighter, more articulate, much improved clarity....all for almost 1K less than a brand new Uber. :)

-Ans-

Dying To Live

If you want the Uberschall, do yourself a favor and consider seriously a Splawn Nitro. Takes teh Uber vibe and sonic qualities, and improves and polishes them, tighter, more articulate, much improved clarity....all for almost 1K less than a brand new Uber. :)

-Ans-

Yeah, I might go with the Splawn. No offense to ENGL, I think they make pretty good amps and it's hard to get a solid opinion on the internet just by word of mouth but I've played the Bog and I've screwed around with a few Splawns and Engls. I would like to try the 5150 III for shits and giggles tho.

Thanks for everyones input.

TheDevilHimself

If the Bogner sounds like the Line6 PodXT model based on it I wouldn't want!

BrazilianBootyLover

If the Bogner sounds like the Line6 PodXT model based on it I wouldn't want!

:rollin

T-nuts

^^Why don't you like the VHT?

Dark Alone

I've never played a Splawn. They way you guys talk about them, they sound killer. :(

I have played an Uberschall though, and it made my manparts tingle. That amp is awesome. A touch pricey. But totally killer.

espsy

I really wanna try an Uberschall. Its one of only a few hi gain amps that ive not tried. Who was saying that the 5150 III has a good clean channel!!? Its not really clean when you turn it up past 2, it breaks up, so it aint that clean in my opinion. I wasnt that impressed with it to be honest. Id expect a US made amp for that price tag. I used to have a VHT Pitbull UL with EQ but got rid of it coz it just didnt blow me away.

load more replies (1 of 1)
espdood

How about a VHT Pitbull CL 50? I'm debating whether or not I should go for it.

Dying To Live

Hahaahahaha, oh shit.... sorry, I forget you have a disorder and i'm not supposed to think your hardships are funny.

Red&Die

I never like any Bogner amps....XTC is OK, nice for soloing, but not the Uberschall...the low-end just too loose for me. Splawn, VHT, Engls are better choose.

ibanezaholic

post a pic of your bill nash-

Dying To Live

post a pic of your bill nash-

Here's a few pics of my Bill Nash t-63

HateEvent

I'm in a position regarding amps that I've never been in before and it's awesome - there's no amp I want more than what I currently have: ENGL SE EL34.

I want other amps ASWELL, but not instead.

Recommended :)

esp_gaijin

I'm in a position regarding amps that I've never been in before and it's awesome - there's no amp I want more than what I currently have: ENGL SE EL34.

I want other amps ASWELL, but not instead.

Recommended :)

i do that also, i was that way with the engl powerball for a long long time, i kept trying other amps out as well,
the ub ended up being a keeper for me but didn't supplant the pb,
the vht's i ended up selling,
the laney Tony Iommi was much like the ub but not quite as good so the ub caused the Iommi to get sold,
a 5150 was like a noisier lesser version of a pb to me, without any cleans,
the fireball had a functional issue i didn't like so it was sold,
some other amps came and went (bog shiva, genz diablo, etc. ),
i just kept doing amp shootouts between other amps and the pb

the mesa stiletto had a different but also very good clean compared to the pb clean, so i at one point had a 3 amp rig, stiletto - powerball - uberschall, i kept this rig for maybe a year or less.

THE SPLAWN PROMOD then supplanted the powerball, and since i had good cleans from the stiletto i didn't care that the promod didn't have a good clean.

then i moved into a smaller space (gf's house ) so i only have room for 2 amps atm and the splawn and stiletto are my rig atm;
but the ub will be brought back out when we move;
and then someday i'll snack on a nitro and shootout it with the ub and keep one. probably in '09.

load more replies (2 of 2)
Post to Thread