Need advice on a combo

Updated
Greatdeceiver
Merry Christmas to everyone :D So I need a new practice combo amp. I will need it for recording and bedroom practice, not for gigging, so the tone should be quite manageable on low volumes (a lot of pesky neighbours ignorant about good music). I like to be able to get some real heavy agressive sound (e.g. IF- clayman album or Evergrey - recreation day). I am also very much into heavy but clear lead like old CoB stuff. As its intent will be for bedroom practice and rec it needn't a terawatt of power and shouldnt cost much over a grand. Hit me with any heavy combo that could fit the description Ill go try them out ;) Thanks people.
ESPimperium

Id say try a Randall RX50D or a Vox AD30VT-XL may be your wang there. If not a Peavey XXL Combo.

Bridge The Void

The Peavey Bandit gets some slick distortion tones, as does the slightly smaller Studio Pro. Having said that, I currently use mine as a poweramp for a Boss GT-8, also a very nice piece of gear if you have a bit extra money.

TheDevilHimself

Where do you live? USA?

TREVA

It depends on tones you want.
Modern distortion,blues distortion,pristine cleans or a little distorted cleans ???
Will you use efx or just the amp? Efx from the amp or outside efx ?
Give us what do you want to play and we will try to give you the best option.

Greatdeceiver

Hehe I live on a rock know as Iceland :P I was also looking into ENGL stuff. Is screamer good for what im looking for? They don't have any clips of it on their website. And also I don't have good experience with line6... Want a tube thingy if possible ;) Btw ESPVIPERCAMO do you have any rhythm sound samples of 6505 combo? Those at peavey website are kindof not good...

Bridge The Void

I will need it for recording and bedroom practice, not for gigging, so the tone should be quite manageable on low volumes (a lot of pesky neighbours ignorant about good music)

. And also I don't have good experience with line6... Want a tube thingy if possible

You don't want a tube amp unless its less than 10W, and even that may be too loud. Trust.

El Jefe

bedroom levels with pissy neighbors = line 6. IMO nothing sounds as good at true bedroom levels.

zerosk8r900

Maybe you should try a Vox Valvetronix or the Valvetronix XL. It's got a wattage out put knob on the back so you can turn that down and turn your master up all the way.

Greatdeceiver

Ok so ill think of getting a line6 to satisfy my bedroom needs ;) Cheers guys

Bridge The Void

Check out the Peavey Bandit/Studio Pro and the Roland Cube series too, great practise amps.

idpmofo

cant believe u guys talked him into a Line 6 Spider III, when a Cube or a Vox is much better.

-------------> 30W Cube or Vox ad30vt-XL

Bridge The Void

Which amp is better is a subjective matter based on one's personal opinion. These are merely suggestions :p

Greatdeceiver

Hehehehe don't worry I will try it out before I buy, and im not completely tone deaf ;). This one also wont leave my apartment, is just a practice/stuffrecording amp.

Btw sometimes this forum contradicts itself. I see numerous threads flaming L6 gear and still people recommend them :)

chevy Z 302

this forum is full of individuals with different preferences. People who dont like l6, for whatever reason, and chose to bash aren't a representation of this forum. Neither is the people who are for l6. Its just a bunch of people with different opinions.

I'd like to add dont let these jokers talk you out of getting what you want. Get a tube amp if thats what you want. My powerball sounds killer at lower volumes and if it didnt but i dug the tone, i'd get a hotplate and still be happier than if i went with something that i wanted less. JMO

Post to Thread