Line 6: Flextone Iii Vs Spider Iii Vs Spider Valve 212

Updated
Bucky Gone AWOL
FLEXTONE III XL VS SPIDER III 120 VS SPIDER VALVE 212 Ok help me pick one of the above............ Price wise they are all really the same for me. Music played: AC/DC, GNR, Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Madien, Ozzy and Sabbath. Gigging no, recording no. Guitar: KH2 (boltie) Your help is welcomed, many thanks.
borkthrone

I have a spider valve 212 and I absolutely love it. The others are good amps too... but you will be happy with the valve 212 should you get it.

MV-CTM

Spider valve > any other Line6 I've used, tried one today, it's actually nice! lol, and I fucking hate Line6 shit.

Line6 I've used: Spider II, III, Valve; Flextone II, III; Vetta II Combo; Floor POD

Stephy

wait til I get you your AXE FX... you should see what shoots outta that one! :)

Bridge The Void

FLEXTONE III XL VS SPIDER III 120 VS SPIDER VALVE 212

Ok help me pick one of the above............

Price wise they are all really the same for me.

Music played: AC/DC, GNR, Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Madien, Ozzy and Sabbath.

Gigging no, recording no.

Guitar: KH2 (boltie)

Your help is welcomed, many thanks.

He clearly doesn't require a valve amp.

HateEvent

He clearly doesn't require a valve amp.

Self satisfaction will decide that.

Kannon

I did a thorough playthrough with a Spider Valve. I was really suprised, since the other piece of Line 6 gear I have I hate with a passion (Spider III HD150 head). It really did the mid-gain stuff well, with surprisingly 'authentic' tone out of something so weird.

Kannon

I heard it (the Vetta) is wicked for people who need to have a really broad range of tones for different songs. I agree with the tweaking bit, sometimes there is such thing as 'too much' (see 'Road King' for details lol...though I hear the Vetta II is even more complex). I've never biamped before but hey, if it works for you then that's the best there is.

That's pretty awesome that he has that sort of working relationship with Line 6. Seems like he's like a cool dude.

Strat-O-Matic

If your buying new you could get a used Peavey 5150 or Marshall JCM800/900, for the same price.

Post to Thread