New amp time

Updated
ash
I think its time to uprgrade from my spider 30 but am having trouble deciding what to get so I need a little help. I'm leaning towards marshall mg412a cab and mg100hdfx head purely because it seems the best option at that price range ($1,180 AUD) but have heard mixed opinions on them. I play mainly metal rythym and starting to solo a bit so I want something that's versatile for low end and top end. What's everyone think about these and any other suggestions around that price range? I could probably stretch to about $1600-1700 if I really had to but reluctantly.:) Any advice would be sick. Cheers.
ash

Thanks for the info guys. I got some decisions to make now.

TREVA

if you don't mind if an ampli is crap or not why are you asking opinions ?
So buy anything wich is in your budget.

Blake

if you don't mind if an ampli is crap or not why are you asking opinions ?
So buy anything wich is in your budget.

What he's getting at is the spider has done excellently as a jam room amp. He is just now seeing it won't cut it in a band. Just like a triple rectifier is useless in a bedroom, a spider won't work well in a big open area with other bandmates.

load more replies (1 of 1)
TREVA

if he thinks spider is a good amp (!!!!!),so buy a more powerful line 6 amp for playing with a band.
BTW I prefer a rectifier in my bedroom than any line 6 stuff.
Sorry tube's sound to me is heaven.

reilly

I Use a Randall CXM 4x12 Cab with a Randall RM100 Tube Head and i like it a lot. I swapped two of the speakers out for the WGS veteran 30 speakers and it sounds great. Very tight and punchy. Much better than the marshalls i had in the past. And i think the price is better as well.

TaoZen

Carvin V-3!

Post to Thread