Fender Vibro Champ and Super Champ Opinions

Updated
Fender Vibro Champ and Super Champ Opinions
I just had a look on a shops website and have seen that those amps are really cheap, i am wanting to know what they sound like and how good they look as if they have been built. I need a good, cheap versitile amp at the moment and theese have just came into the equasion, them and a Peavey Valveking Royal 8 as well, i want to use one of them as a practice amp tho, nothing else. Super Champ XD Vibro Champ XD Thanks Again.
ESPimperium

I was even thinking about a Fender Champ 600 as well, heard lots of good things about them.

chevy Z 302

There Nice amps but they arent as versitile as you think

fender amps?

umm i think thats more of a 'user error' rather than an amp thats not versitile. I've played plenty of fender amps that are absolutly killer, plenty versitile IMO.

ESPimperium

Im weting up the options for a small Class A (or a low wattage Class A/B) amp at the moment. At the moment the Peavey ValveKing Royal 8 is winning the argument in theese amps:

Peavey ValveKing Royal 8
Peavey JSX: Mini Colossal
Blackheart Mini Giant Head (W/ Quality 1X12)
Fender Champ 600
Fender Super Champ XD
Fender Vibro Champ XD
Fender Blues Junior
Fender Pro Junior
Orange Tiny Terror (W/ Quality 1X12)

Thats the lost for now, it may get bigger, or shorter all depending on the feel i get from the amps.

ESPimperium

^^^ Im not fooled by wattage, i know that a 5W can get pretty loud when needs be.

I havnt played 6V6s yet, but i do like EL84s as they have a totally uncompressed and open and true tone. Altho some of the low wattage clips ive heard from a 6V6 sound pretty cool.

Im leaning the way of the VK Royal 8, but changing the speaker to a Celestion Super 8 and changing the tubes to Groove Tubes, Sovtek or Rubys is also on the cards.

If i went with a 1X10 combo id probs change the speaker as well to a Celestion G10 Vintage or a Emenance Ragin Cagun with simmilar changes to tubes as well.

The only one id not change the speaker is the JSX.

The reason i like the idea of small amps is you can get good classic tone(s) with relitivly little effort, altho with a boost infront some of those amps can become screamin monsters.

ESPimperium

Im not adverse to changing speakers and pramps valves, im not shure about Power Amp valves as they need biasing on some amps, but is that needed on Class A amps or ones of that end of the price range???

TheDevilHimself

Peavey ValveKing Royal 8

Peavey JSX: Mini Colossal

I played both these now (finally found a Mini colossal in a store here in london) and I am going to get the MC in January after my holidays. They're both nice, but you do notice just how much higher quality the MC is.
I think it has a lot to with the custom Weber speaker as well.

The Royal 8 is cool, but it won't scream the way the MC does.

The small Fender got a rave review in Guitarist. It seems to be really good as well.

TheDevilHimself

I mean the Fender champ 600

Post to Thread