DR color-coated strings

Updated
idpmofo
After seeing someone's pics with Red strings (looked like they were soaked with blood :D ) I was considering putting some Black Beauties on my EC500S. I read a few reviews that said they break easily and a few that said they were great. One guy said they've lasted 2 yrs :rolleyes: ....I'd like an opinion of someone I can count on. I got a free set of S.I.T. strings in mail (offer came when bought my LTD) and they suck, imo. Do all new ESP/LTDs come with SHIT, I mean SIT, strings?
N3rdAl3rt

colored strings look stupid imo

Shreddy

After seeing someone's pics with Red strings (looked like they were soaked with blood :D ) I was considering putting some Black Beauties on my EC500S. I read a few reviews that said they break easily and a few that said they were great. One guy said they've lasted 2 yrs :rolleyes: ....I'd like an opinion of someone I can count on.

I got a free set of S.I.T. strings in mail (offer came when bought my LTD) and they suck, imo. Do all new ESP/LTDs come with SHIT, I mean SIT, strings?

The SITs do suck big time. And as for the coloured strings, i use the red ones currently. I love these strings, not for their colour. But for the string..Mines already loosing paint in the areas i pick hard... The whole coloured business is just a marketting gimmick, but the strings are actually good as well. I just bought two packs to try them out and i plan on buying a whole set when im done.

Hope that helped.

Cheers

DUKE

yup, the DR colored strings are purely cosmetic.

i tried a set of the red devils once on my guitar and they looked cool, but other than that, it's not any different from regular DR strings. if you have the money to spare, go for it. but i think it's ridiculous to pay almost twice the price for a set of colored strings.

Deadpulse

The red ones were OK at best, but the black ones felt somewhat sticky to me.

All in all, you can't beat Ernie Ball 10 - 52

JonCurcio

Not to go off topic, but I agree about the SIT strings. My Horizon NT-II came with them and they did suck...

load more replies (1 of 1)
Robotsatemygrandma

Eh I'm not too fond of them. The only benefit they have is they keep their tone longer then most string manufacturers. But they broke just as fast as SIT, Gibson, Fender, etc, etc, etc.

(Insert company plug) That's why I play Ernie Balls!

Waffen

I also bought some Black Diamonds for my F254. They became a instant favorite.

shakeESP

One guy said they've lasted 2 yrs

Then that guy an IDIOT. :p

Get the strings to try out. If they don't work out well, then switch back, it's as easy as that with strings.

-Chris

Justinschut

The strings on my RG550 have been there since about January 2004 :p

Dont play it much these days, but I could say they lasted about 4 years ;)

Post to Thread