Amp for thrash-choice of 4 ?

Updated
cicada71
Hi I'm looking for a good amp preferably to play thrash & death metal through, I've got about $400-600aus to spend and have narrowed it down to 4 combo amps, my choices are , -Randall RG75 G2 -Marshall Valvestate 8080 -Peavey Valveking 112 -Peavey Transtube Studio Pro 112 Can I please get some thoughts on these amps and whether they will serve my purpose, I dont play gigs just in my garage I have a metal muff pedal that I use as well. Any suggestions I currently have a Laney HCM30 ? I have been advised by a friend that a good preamp are worth it too one that can be programmed or can provide a few different amp sounds, what are these like and are they worth it, any to recommend ? Do they just plug straight into the amp ? (sorry I have no idea on these?) Cheers.
Metaldude30

If you can afford the extra to get a 2x12 you will be happier in the long run. I would pick the Randall, I don't think you would be able to get what you want out of the Valveking. The Peavey transtube might do you well but I would go for the Randall personally!

riku

the Valveking isn't too far away from the 5150 (design wise that is). You could always get a Valveking and mod it to make it sound good.

ESPimperium

You could alternitivly get a Marshall 1936 cab and a Peavey XXL, but the Valveking is the way to go there, with a Boss SD-1 and a Boss GE-7 in the loop.

Post to Thread