Recomend Me Coil Sized HB for My Strat!!!

Updated
Recomend Me Coil Sized HB for My Strat!!!
I want a coil sized humbucker for my Fender Highway 1 Strat (2007 model), i want more output at the bridge than the standard single coil thats there for more rockier/hevier moments. I like the JB in my ESP LTD EC-1000VHB but i am not shure on getting a JB Jnr for it as i didnt like the JB in my Alder bodied Jackson DK2M when i had it. I supose im looking for a Iron Maiden sorta tone from it, but with a modren twist. I play my strat in Standard and Drop D sometimes as well. I am open to all sugestions, but dont want a full HB, i want something diffrent to a full HB. Thanks Again.
DeathIsMyJustice

hotrails dude

Sixstringhotshot

hotrails dude

+ a lot

ESPimperium

I was looking at the Tone Zone as it is in the Hot Rod Strat, but i was also thinking about a Hot Rails or a Lil' Scremin Deamon for it.

I would also be coil tapping it as well so i can still have those single coil'd moments in the bridge as well.

In my EQing of amps and my Line 6 Pods i use a very mid and treble heavy EQ, if that helps.

DeathIsMyJustice

In my EQing of amps and my Line 6 Pods.

What amps you running now dude... and how many pods? :hat

ESPimperium

I have no amp of note at the moment, but when i had one at the start of the year i used loads of mids, but on my Pod Xt and X3 i use loads of mids as well.

metalhobo

Get a new pickguard and get real humbucker . . . :confused: 8o8o8o

jsp

+another for hotrails

ESPimperium

Then hotrails it is then. I did hear they sucked ass, but if they are SSHS approved then they must be good!!!

ESPimperium

The Tone Zone and Super Distortion seem to be the best idea so far, a fat and warm pickup is what im aiming for in a way, but as long as it dosnt sound compressed and un-natural. What im aiming for is the Iron Maiden - Brave New World/Rock In Rio tone loosly.

Im wanting it to sound bluesy when some gain is added, but when the gain is maxed it breaks up nicely. Im sorta looking for a PAF mixed with a EMG 81 sorta tone in HB mode, but in SC mode it to sound spanky and clean. The Tone Zone sounds like the best idea i think, maybes the Hot Rails or even a Super Distortion S.

ZephMan

Dimarzio Pro Track

KH Guitar Freak

Tone Zone, or Chopper...

Hiphopopotamus

I supose im looking for a Iron Maiden sorta tone from it

Dave Murray uses Hot Rails in his Strat so +1 for those.

Kride

My bro had a Seymour Duncan Hot Rails in his strat and it was TITS!

shakeESP

Dimarzio Chopper.

Or, as usual, CHECK OUT BARE KNUCKLE PICKUPS! :p

-Chris

Robotsatemygrandma

OLD SCHOOL HOT RAIL!

I ran one in the Neck of my old Ibanez 540R and it was WAY hotter then the DiMarzio Humbucker I had in the bridge.

Post to Thread