ENGL Screamer 50 combo

Updated
Metfuk
I tried one of these last week at a local shop and I liked it quite a bit. There was no footswitch with so what I want to know is: Can you, apart from switching between the 2 main channels, also switch to a solo channel? And how would you rate this amp in general? I've always wanted to try some Mesa's too, but haven't had a chance yet. I may come around to that in December. I'd prefer a head (Mesa Mark series) with a 2x12 though. But this ENGL would be good for home use, practice spaces and small gigs. It sounds good on low volumes but with 50w tube it can get really loud too.
BrazilianBootyLover

ENGL destroys any mesa I've played. Get the engl. I love mine.

ESPimperium

Im looking at a ENGL Thunder Drive at the moment as i just want a amp with raw power, but the Screamer is in there as well, if im gonna be getting a class A amp i want a raw power amp as well, and the ENGLs have it.

I think im gonna be going the 2 amp way as oposed to the Mesa Express route at the moment.

ENGLs have raw power in abundance, If you were going with a 2X12 id go with a Mesa 2X12 with the Mark IV, but if you were looking for good tone at low volumes the ENGL may not be there, a Express 5:25 will do that, the ENGLs wont as they are more raw power.

Metfuk

At the shop was also the ENGL Thunder combo and it's performance was a lot less good at low volumes. And by low volumes I don't mean bedroom midnight volume, but a nice afternoon bedroom practice volume. ;)
The Screamer costs a bit more but I've offered the guy a trade with my Gibson Explorer and he was interested in that.

BUT...first I wanna try a Mesa too...that way I give all options an equal chance.

The Mesa 2x12 will probably come in either way some time, since you can connect the combo to cabs. And I still have a Marshall 100w head that I could use with the cab anyway.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread