Heading to Sam Ash this weekend

Updated
MikeAmottV2006
Since they are the only Randall dealer within 45 miles of me. I'll be going to check out the Randall V2 and T2 models. I just got the cash from selling my 5150II today and I'm itching for a new Randall. SSHS will be getting his V2 taken care of soon I hope as I am interested in buying it from him. I'm going to go give them a thorough thrashing to see which I like best....going by the clips on the Randall website, the T2 is alot meaner sounding to my ears but if I buy a T2 new, then that means I'm spending about $300 more that SSHS' V2. Hopefully hearing them in person will sway me towards the V2 for $$$ reasons.....if not, then I guess the $600 I got out of my amp will go as a hefty down payment on a new T2.
TREVA

MESA BOOGIE :x

MikeAmottV2006

Nah.....played them and I can't get into them at all. They are just weird sounding to my ears.

TREVA

NEW EARS :x

MikeAmottV2006

No...honestly I don't like Mesas. I never have. They are over priced and I always need to tweek the shit out of them to get anything remotely usable out of them and I still don't ike what I hear coming out of the speakers. Where as my Peavey amps and Randalls I can set all the dials half way, turn on the amp and use minimal tuning of the knobs and have a killer sound in less than a minute. You, sir, can keep any and all things Mesa.

TREVA

:x

MV-CTM

I don't really dig rectifiers, the V2 is a cool amp though.

panic

I'd call to make sure they have them in stock. Though they are listed on the Sam Ash website they are not usually stocked. The three Sam Ash's that I regularly visit don't stock them nor any randalls for that matter.

ibanezaholic

well just because the eq is touch sensitive doesnt mean mesa's arent good. that just means it takes more time tweaking them.

MV-CTM

It is the same dude, somebody probably just fucked it up, last time I used a 6505+ at GC I had the gain at 4.

MikeAmottV2006

Yeah, I was just talking to my buddy that went with me. He said he looked at the back of the head and it was on the 16 ohm setting.......hooked up to a 4ohm cabinet!!!:eek:

ZephMan

LOL!

Randalls are sweet, I havent really had the chance to play very many though. I've never played a Mesa, but from what I've heard, I dont like em.

BTW! WHAT AN ASSHOLE!

ESPimperium

Havnt had the pleasure of playing thru a Randall yet, but i concur with a couple that posted in this thread, MESA. OK they need dialed in, but the ones i have played thru, the Express 5:25 Combo and the F50 didnt need too much dialing in, they were pretty much plug in and play.

But id say that Randall and Peavey are guitar player brands, the do the function very well, sounding good with good features and spec is their speciality, where-as Mesa is a brand youd play in the studio more for that tonal apex, but Randall and Peavey are made for the live player that does a show a week up to 100+ a year.

OutlawTorn

i dont like rects either but nothing makes me more happy then a MARK IV!!!

Post to Thread