Need a Good mic

Updated
ZephMan
I need a good mic for when I start recording, it'll be a 4X12 and a 1X12. thx dudes
ZephMan

Sweet thx raptor.

DethWar

Yeah currently i just record with a direct line from my amp to pc but im going to be getting an sm-57 soon. A friend of mine went to full sail for recording and out of the mics he used, that was the only one under $1000 he suggested... and its usually around $50 on ebay. So i cant say from experience but reguardless thats my suggestion.

lalosg

the sennheiser md 421 its also a very good mic for electric guitars, i got good recordings when i used it at school, i remember i used the 421 and a sm 57 when i recorded a technical death metal band, the guitarrist used a 5150 with a marshall cab, i ended using more the 421 on the mix than the 57, unfortunately i dont have those recordings anymore so you can hear them.

load more replies (1 of 1)
DethWar

Do you expect them to promote wal mart brand shit or what? Its an expensive ass recording school so they have mics there that retail anywhere from a hundred bucks to a few thousand. Have you fucked with some three thousand dollar mics? kus i havent so i really have no idea if the guy is dumb for liking one or not.

B1ackD3at4

Do you expect them to promote wal mart brand shit or what?

Well I don't know about walmart brand mics, but there are plenty of good mics out there worth a lot less then $1000. And besides, if he suggested the sm-57, which goes for $100 new on musicians friend, along with a $1000 mics, then what does that say about the quality of that mic compared to ones worth more then 10 times more?

ZephMan

Lol! $1000 for a piece of metal and a little cloth? fuck that, SM-57 here I come!

Post to Thread