soloist pup's upgrade,wich ones?

Updated
TheEnemy
I got a jackson soloist sl3 and want to swap the bridge jb for something more powerfull,fuller,warmer and high gain crunch but not too compressed.I want warm cuting lead(clear but not shrill but not muddy) and heavy rythm....this guitar is alder body and maple neck. I dont want active...ill be playing all kind of metal especialy earlier cob and norther kind. dimarzio x2n? duncan trembucker? maybe a tone zone?
TheDevilHimself

I would say definitely a ToneZone. Sounds pretty much exactly like that what you are looking for.

Metaldude30

Do I need to use a strobe tuner to do this, everytime I have had it done by my tech he always said something about using a strobe tuner for it. Is it necessary or can it be done without. Basically all I have tuner wise is the one in my PODXT. Anyone know of any computer programs that have strobe tuners in them or do they even exsist.

load more replies (3 of 3)
ZephMan

I'd say X2N, Tone Zone, or a Dimebucker( or bill lawrence L500XL, which I perfer over the dimebucker)

ZephMan

A D-sonic is very good aswell

Metalmilitia306

i would get a tone zone or a PAF pro they both sound awesome

TheEnemy

Cool I'll probably try to find cheap ones on ebay and try them all to see wich i prefer.

MV-CTM

the SD PA-TBs might be kinda cool, either 1 or 3, 2 is probably more compressed than you want. X2N would totally be out of the question, it's like the 81 but with everything boosted.

TheEnemy

"X2N would totally be out of the question, it's like the 81 but with everything boosted"
Ill eliminate it from my list then.

ZephMan

X2N would totally be out of the question, it's like the 81 but with everything boosted.

Are you retarded? its like a 85

MV-CTM

Are you retarded? its like a 85
are you retarded? I replaced my 81 with an X2N, I would know. It sounds nothing at all like an 85, it's not smooth at all, it is somewhat mid-scooped and it doesn't really emphasize anything in particular.

Crowbar4

Can one of you aspiring graphic artists mock up a ESP Adler with black hardware and SD Blackouts? Thanks.

load more replies (2 of 2)
rockinhockey

How are duncan invaders? are they a big no no?

MV-CTM

I've never used them, he said you didn't want it to sound compressed though. The guys in Nile use them (or at least the singer does) and their tone kicks ass soo...

They should be cool.

shakeESP

BKP Cold Sweat, ftw! :p

-Chris

nightofthelivingshred

ToneZone. I have one in the bridge matched with PAF Pro in neck. Sounds sick. (might just be cus theyre hot pink though)

load more replies (1 of 1)
TheEnemy

Hey thx you all for your help i think ill definitely go with a tonezone,it seems its what i need.

Post to Thread