Low Wattage Tube Amp Club Thread!!!

Updated
Low Wattage Tube Amp Club Thread!!!
Since low wattage amps are becoming big buisness now for companies; Anyone with a Low wattage amp, that is under 15-25W Class A/B or 10-15W Class A post pics of their amps in here, no hybrig Vox ADs or Marshall AVTs, just Orange Tinty Terrors, Peavey ValveKing Royal 8s or JSX: Mini Colossals, even the Mesa Express 5:25 qualifies in this thread. Post pics, clips, videos and reviews.
BrazilianBootyLover

Don't forget the peavey mini triple X 40 watter. I think I'm gonna get that shit.

ESPimperium

^^^ Too powerful, its 40W, im talking anything upto 25W Class AB or 15W Class A for being low wattage, the 40W of that Triple XXX is out the criteria of the thread!!!

ESPimperium

Is there anyone on theese boards with one of theese as i would like to hear from them about theese amps:

Peavey: JSX: Mini Colossal, ValveKing Royal 8
Fender: Champ 600, Pro Jnr
Epiphone: Valve Junior (modded and stock)

guitarsatbmusic

I have said many times, the Laney Lionheart 5 watt 5T-112 is my pick of the amps for this year thus far. :hat

load more replies (2 of 2)
TheDevilHimself

I have said many times, the Laney Lionheart 5 watt 5T-112 is my pick of the amps for this year thus far.

It's really a cool amp but out of my budget :-(

ESPimperium

Ive still to see if i can get a Matamp here in Glasgow.

ESPimperium

Im just wanting something that i can spend hours just modding the hell outa, thats where the Epi Valve Jnr comes into its own, for starters im gonna do this if i get one:

Standby Switch
Brite Switch
Gain switch on R6
Gain control on R5
Tone control over C3

That would be about it, all being if i can install a effects loop at another time.

Maybes a couple of other mods, if the Hum has been sorted out on the combos, but the hum has been sorted on the head, i know that.

ESPimperium

Im gonna check out the Marshall mods, i am looking to make it a gain laden.

Im looking for a pre gain, post gain and a tone control with a couple of switches to control the tone structure.

ESPimperium

Im kinda OK with electronics as i did Physics at school, but am looking to have something to have a project.

Another mod im also looking at is the input impedance switch mod.

ESPimperium

Im looking at it at the moment it all revolves arround putting a switch on R2, it works well with the brite switch seemingly.

esp_gaijin

they always seem to have el84's and i've found i don't seem to like these tubes or not any amps i've had with them,

they always for me suffer the same probs - muddy, farty/blatty, overdrive at such low volumes you can't get a normal livingroom-volume clean if you're using humbuckers.

however, oddly enough the mesa 20/20 i have does not suffer any of that! it sounds to me like an el34-equipped amp.
so it can't all be the power tubes causing the problem, i dunno.

i swear that using a full size/watt amp that i LIKE, and mating to a thd hotplate, is simply the best thing i've ever heard, and until i hear better, this is what i'll be doing.

just my onion. :)

ESPimperium

Sadly ive been ill this weekend so i havnt been able to get out and get a VJ in one form or another or even a Pevey VK Royal 8 or just to see what a dealer can do on a JSX: Mini Colossal.

I sence i will get a VJ sometime and mod the fuck outa it.

ESPimperium

Rex, i aggree, if Epiphone did a VJ with a twin channel design, i think it would be a hell of design; 2 channels (2 x 12AX7/1 x EL84), 1 x Gain & Tone per channel, with a master volume would sell.

Altho it may cost a wee bit, posibly the cost of a Tiny Terror, but i feel it would sell.

I absoutly love the tone of EL84s for the record.

Kas

Yay A home for my Jet City Picovalve 5 watter! I think it qualifies at least...

Post to Thread