Looking for delay pedal suggestions

Updated
Looking for delay pedal suggestions
I'm wanting a delay but I only want to spend about $100. Right now the Boss DD-3 and the Line 6 Echo Park are the front runners. But I'm open to suggestions and recommendations.
Bryan

Does it have a hold feature?

Bryan

I'm really looking for opinions on what everybody's using or can recommend me at the $100 price range. My LMS doesn't stock that many delay pedals so sitting down and trying out a bunch isn't feasible and I will not drive 1 hour to get to the closest GC so I can attempt to try out pedals in the middle of everybody's riffapalooza at 10 on every amp in the place.

shakeESP

I have a TC Electronic Vintage Delay which is good. I would recommend the Blackbox delay pedal, which really is an amazing delay pedal, has features such as modulation and a built-in loop for adding effects to delays and stuff.

But if you want cheap and simple, Boss.

takesnogutz666

does anybody know if these guitars (260 and/or 400) are balanced correctly? i know the EX isnt, but these are newer models so i didnt know if possibly they are balanced. if they arnt, is there a way i can fix it? i would love to have one of these guitars.

N3rdAl3rt

is there a way i can fix it?

yes, move the strap button

load more replies (1 of 1)
rockinhockey

I play an sg and its really neck heavy but i mean you get used to it pretty easy. sure it sucks you have to always be holding it but i've grown to like it.

capoeiraesp

I played my bro in laws fx-400 the other day and it balances fine with a strap

Microdomus

A leather strap will help. But I found that axe(EX-400BD) to be unbareable nonthless. A change in placement of the strap button would be the solution IMO

Madness

My FX400 is a tad neck heavy. It really isn't that uncomfortable to me. I have some guitars that are worse. The solutions have already been covered.

load more replies (1 of 1)
TheDevilHimself

You didn't say exactly, what delay sound you are after, more digital or more analog vintage.

If you are looking for the more analog delay sound, the Artec Delay is a good pedal to look into.

The Boss DD-6 is a very good digital delay IMO, but it costs a lot more.

The Digitech X-Delay is quite good for its price, I enjoy mine a lot, especially the slapback echo and the tape delay setting. It's kinda a jack-of-all-trades; other pedals do it better but are more expensive.

The Marshall Echohead is rather new, it might be over your price range but it has some cool features I like (like being able to choose between true bypass and spillover/buffered bypass).

Post to Thread