new amp

Updated
sixstringmind
this seems to be a common thread i need to find an amp thats distortion is extremely focused!!, med/high-high gain and the usual smooth highs/huge ass the only thing i can never find discussions about is focus which is important cos i believe thats the foundation of your tone any cab suggestions, eq setting would be good no pedals!! except if needed a seperate eq in the loop for solos/noise gate but the main tone needs to come from the amp i dont really care if its a seperate pre-amp/power amp the price is not an issue but the goal is not to need any outboard eq's/effects cheers
Robotsatemygrandma

Inform us when you find the Holy Grail.:p

JeanPaul du Vinnie

Powerball?

Daniel D.
sixstringmind wrote:
this seems to be a common thread i need to find an amp thats distortion is extremely focused!!, med/high-high gain and the usual smooth highs/huge ass the only thing i can never find discussions about is focus which is important cos i believe thats the foundation of your tone any cab suggestions, eq setting would be good no pedals!! except if needed a seperate eq in the loop for solos/noise gate but the main tone needs to come from the amp i dont really care if its a seperate pre-amp/power amp the price is not an issue but the goal is not to need any outboard eq's/effects cheers

I currently am using a Fender Mustang III (Version 1), and I am thrilled with the endless effects that it can achieve. It also sounds incredible on the "Clean"  settings such as Twin Reverb and 57,Champ, etc.  This is MY opinion and I realize that alot of people would prefer a Tube Powered Amp but, that is simply NOT in my budget. LOL

Post to Thread