Aus Help

Updated
Brono
Ive pretty much decided to sell my 3 chan dual rectifier. What price should a awsome condition recto head go for in aus?
hermz

$2500-3000, depending on how quickly you wanna move it.

Brono

yeah thats bout what i was thinking. But i do see alot around that price on ebay and noone ever bids on em. Maybe locally will be different. I probly wont go lower then 2500 i think.

hermz

Yeah cause not many people have that kinda moola lying around to spend on an amp, even if it is a damn good deal.

phil

thats what kinda sucks 'bout living in Aus and wanting to sell something awesome, you really don't know if you can sell it - good deal or not.

Now being a buyer is a different story.

Good luck with the sale ;D

ShreddyMcFunTits

Anus help

fixed

phil

:\

Brono

he said anus tee hee.

Brono

Ive put it in the classifieds and had few interests. But everyone keeps offering me 2K.

for a perfect condition dual rec do you think thats a bit low? (less then 1/2 the price of a new one).
I dont really wanna go under 2.5k though.

hermz

2.5k is a fair price. I see single recs go for 2k, so only go that low if you're desperate to move it fast.

esp_gaijin

"i do see alot around that price on ebay and noone ever bids on em."

why are Australians so fucking POOR?

they shit indoors,

i seriously don't frigging get it.

they beg and beg and beg every american ebay seller to DEATH to buy the shit from here,
but when it goes up for sale IN their gd country they never buy it!

this thread is by no means rare from what i've seen - where an Aus guy has some cool gear that all the other aussies in recent past have *claimed* they want, but now it's available and not getting sold.

is it an entire island of DOLFS?!

MESA IS NOT BOUTIQUE for cripe's sake, it's working-man's gear,
DUMBLE is boutique;
any middle class guitarist who claims to *want* a mesa amp OUGHTTA OWN ONE, if they don't they're doing something very wrong,
- spending all their money on tats, peircings
- blowing it on FURNITURE of all things ( i am not even joking, i lived with free handmedown furniture for nearly 2 decades, and instead I BOUGHT A MESA AMP in that time -- are you a guitarist or a pussy? man-up! ).
- blowing it on a "cool car" or foolish upgrades to a crap car (ground effects and spoilers on a ford fiesta ). musicians are famously known to drive SHIT cars, because they care more about guitars than autos - so again i ask are you a musician or a social-status/trend-slave aka pussy?

I NEED ANSWERS! where's Shane, he'll know what to say.

:)

hermz

Dude, if you had to pay the prices we pay for Mesas here you wouldn't buy one either.

For example:
Single Recto - $3495 AUD = $3137 USD
Dual Recto - $4695 AUD = $4215 USD
Triple Recto - $5195 AUD = $4664 USD
Roadster - $5595 AUD = $5023 USD

My Engl Powerball cost less than a Mesa Single Recto.

JeanPaul du Vinnie

Single Recto - $3495 AUD = $3137 USD
Dual Recto - $4695 AUD = $4215 USD
Triple Recto - $5195 AUD = $4664 USD
Roadster - $5595 AUD = $5023 USD

Jesus Christ, and I thought us Europeans were getting robbed on Mesa prices. :x

load more replies (1 of 1)
esp_gaijin

duh that's NEW, everything in my rant referred to USED.

this guy says he'd sell a dual for as low a $2500 or max of $3000,
that's WAY lower than the price you just quoted.

now go get the witch's broom and come back tomorrow. :p
(that's emerald city speak for "please play again" )

hermz

Yes, it's cheaper and a good price, but it's still more than your average Joe has in their wallet.

We have a tenth of the population of the US, so a tenth of the guitarists looking to fork out big dollars for gear. And when people see other quality amps going for much less locally, and Mesas going for much less in the states, they feel less inclined to jump at apparent bargains like this one.

Brono

Im in no hurry so i'll stick to the price i want. But it is annoying getting people emailing me saying "well i can get a dual rec + cab for 5000 new, and a cab is like 2 grand so that means the head is only costing 3 grand, so you should sell me yours for 2k." I'll just tell him if he really can get that deal , which i doubt, he should jump on it.

Brono

If i still have it you can, which seems fairly likely.

guitarsatbmusic

I NEED ANSWERS! where's Shane, he'll know what to say.
:lol Don't look at me dude. If I knew the answers to those sort of questions I'd be a millionaire. Maybe we're just all full of shit :p

Post to Thread