MasterOfPuppies

Tremolo bar with 10-46s

Updated
hello, is it dangerous for the guitar headstock-neck to use the tremolo bar with a set of 10/46 strings in standard tuning? i regularly use them from many years on my KH2 but somethines i fear using the tremolo bar...
MORE »
mbm88

Bad Clean Tone on Gibson Explorer

Updated
Yo- I have a Gothic II Gibson Explorer with EMG 81/85 setup. With distortion I don't really have any problems, but unless I play super softly, I get distortion on my clean channel as well. Could it just be a battery issue? ...
MORE »
loversmoon

bridge pickup question

Updated
I have an epiphone les paul custom that i want to drop an 81 in the bridge but not change the neck. Is that possible since one is active and one is not? i asked guy at guitar shop and he said I had to change both. if I am...
MORE »
HELP ENGL Z-4 footswitch

HELP ENGL Z-4 footswitch

Updated
Please help, searching scheme inside Engl Z-4 footswitch. I need a picture of how tethering. Thank you....
MORE »
yearofthespider2k3

Replacement bridge

Updated
The saddles on my mc-600 are worn out and since I can't find replacement saddles I thought I would give something new a try. I want to try to replace it with a wraparound bridge. The old one is a tonepros. I don't really...
MORE »
Panopticon

String tension on F404FM

Updated
Hey - this is my first post on this forum and please excuse me if it's totally stupid but I am not very up on the technical side of instruments. I have a ESP LTD F404FM - I play in a metal band and up until recently we...
MORE »
viobass

LTD F415 noisy electronics

Updated
I recently bought an LTD F415. I love the way it plays and sounds except for one really big problem. The electronics are NOISY! Strange as this sounds, it is worse on certain notes. It is the worst on a B, any octave. It...
MORE »
MasterOfPuppies

tremolo spring

Updated
hi there! i need to add a 4th tremolo spring on the tremolo spring cavity of my KH2. strings are 10-46 which specs should this spring have? strenght? lenght? material? thanx!...
MORE »
The translucent plastic strip w/ ESP logo: what is it for?

The translucent plastic strip w/ ESP logo: what is it for?

Updated
What is that translucent plastic strip that comes on ESP guitars placed between the strings and the fretboard intended for? Is it important for any reason or just to be aesthetic? Thanks...
MORE »
danloads

guitar noise

Updated
Hi all ....I need some help, I brought a GL-56 and the guy had a seymour duncan in it and I wanted pearly gate back in, well the guy put the pup in but didnt wire it in. So I wired it in with the black wire going to the...
MORE »
Nagash

Floyd Rose PRO

Updated
I always "need" a recessed tremolo on my guitars, because it gives more technical possibilities. I'm used to the Original Floyd Rose, and there's a little detail that bothers me... when I'm playing, apart for fast picking, my...
MORE »
Mr. Wicked

Fret buzz problem...

Updated
I have a LTD FX-260sm. Lately I've been getting buzz on the first fret on all the strings. Other frets are fine. I checked if the second fret is not popping out or anything. The neck doesn't look like it needs to be adjust...
MORE »
The Edge Of Darkness

Hard to Choose (pickups)

Updated
I onw a LTD Mh-100 and I really love it, perfect for my style and for my twice broken wrist (martial arts incident) but I understand that the pickups are not the best (actually it's the only thing that I don't like in the...
MORE »
MasterOfPuppies

KH2 pots - are they logarithmics or linear?

Updated
hi i write here too as it is a tech matter... are volume and tone pots installed on the KH2 logarithmics or linear? then which brands are they?? i read a T logo... thanx...
MORE »
Replacing My Fretboard.. Bad Idea?

Replacing My Fretboard.. Bad Idea?

Updated
I want to replace the rosewood fretboard on my Edwards Explorer with an ebony one. I know it will cost a handfull. Is it a bad idea? It will also let me change the inlays, and the frets. The guitar has been painted already...
MORE »