Tom.Ashworth

Floyd Rose Problem

Updated
Hi, I am trying to set up an old KH-2 properly to see wether it just had a bad setup or a previous headstock break causing tuning issues , bad tone etc. after getting the floyd pretty much perfect + intonation I noticed that...
MORE »
Headshot

Ltd EC-200QM

Updated
:confused: String action and what setup specs should be for 10s? my low e dont stay in tune with plug in meter or clip on? and when i adj intonation do i have to looseing strings? whats the scale length on it? 24 .7/5? And on...
MORE »
Testing Passive Pickups

Testing Passive Pickups

Updated
Is there any known way of testing some Gibson passives without actually having to install them and solder them into a setup?...
MORE »
Anybody else find the D-Activator to be too dark/muddy in Mahogany???

Anybody else find the D-Activator to be too dark/muddy in Mahogany???

Updated
Hey guys. I got one of the LTD AW-7's and am having the damnedest issue with tonality from it. I find that the guitar is excessively dark, almost muddy sounding with the D-Activators in it. I have also played others' guitars...
MORE »
Stringtheorist

Knobs glued on?

Updated
I want to swap out the pickups and pots on my Eclipse 1 CTM but I can't shift the knobs. I assume they're glued on. Can anyone confirm the likelihood of this and offer a solution to getting the knobs off without destroying...
MORE »
srg

Crack Kills?

Updated
I bought a 2011 Eclipse II USA from American Musical last Sept and I have been loving it -- hasn't left my room and it stays in the case most of the time though. Was playing it last weekend and I pulled up on the neck and...
MORE »
Ozwepaie

Gutting a Robot LP questions

Updated
Anybody ever take apart a "robot guitar"? I love the Silver to blue burst LP robot. But I'm not down all the robot shit. I have a line on one. And am wondering how involved it would be to pull all the robot guts? looks like...
MORE »
brndnbss

Viper 256P hum

Updated
Just received a Viper 256P today. I know these guitars feature stacked pickups, but I don't notice any hum cancelling at all when either pickup is soloed. In fact, the hum is louder than my Gibson SG with single-coil P90's.I...
MORE »
gibson_x

ESP case shortage?

Updated
Ordered an EC-1000-FR plus ESP case from axemusic, guitar was in stock but not the case. They offered their house model generic LP case, I opted to wait for stock on the ESP since I already have a few LPs already and this is...
MORE »
How to kill a push-pull pot

How to kill a push-pull pot

Updated
In short, solder your grounds to it with a pitiful cheap iron, where you heat the casing too long and burn the little sucker to death. Here's my story, I recently wired my M-II so my two humbuckers could be tapped via the...
MORE »
Mathetes

Replacement neck for B-208FM?

Updated
I have an LTD B-208FM 8-string bass that I bought about 4 years ago from Musician's Friend. Unfortunately, the neck has become bowed beyond repair. Anyone know if there's a way that I can get a replacement neck from LTD? I...
MORE »
ammar

EMG solderless system

Updated
So my F-2005 volume pot was acting up, decided to re wire the guitar with the pots and output jack that came along the JH set. Did everything correctly but the signal was TOO weak. If I touched the guitar cable and pulled it...
MORE »
yearofthespider2k3

nut material

Updated
I need to replace the nut in one of my guitars. Its a pretty bright guitar for the most part so I am wondering if there is a really sturdy material that wont brighten the guitar anymore than it already is. Its got the...
MORE »
With_Strength_I_Burn

Problems with wiring a guitar

Updated
Hey guys, I've been trying to wire my guitar to a H-S setup and must be doing something wrong. When everything is wired up and seemingly ready to go, I'm having some issues with the single coil in the neck. When I flip the...
MORE »
Arkus

Parts question

Updated
Hey fella's looking for some input here... I'm going to be upgrading the hardware on my EC256 and just need to confirm some things. Since I haven't been able to 100% confirm in my research and I just want to be sure I get...
MORE »