Nick xVx

Wiring diagram for 1 single, 1 hb, coil tap

Updated
I'm looking for a wiring diagram for adding a coil tap to the humbucker of a guitar with 1 single coil (neck), 1 humbucker (bridge). I want the tap to remove the inner coil of the humbucker. I'll be using Seymour Duncan...
MORE »
MM-04 Switch Install Guide

MM-04 Switch Install Guide

Updated
The MM-04 Control has 9 wires connected to it. 7 are in a row on the right side, 2 meet just below the volume adjuster. You really need to have one of these available to see how everything meets. I will list in order how...
MORE »
jamesw

Refret Advice

Updated
I have a custom shop fender strat, which i loved playing until i got my m-ii a few months ago... since i got the esp, ive totally gone off the strat- i find it comparatively difficult to fret notes... the frets on it seem...
MORE »
BoD

1 Passive/ 1 Active

Updated
I am planning on changing out my bridge EMG (Eclipse II) for a passive pick-up. Is it possible to leave the neck active and the bridge passive? If so, Is there a wiring diagram that would make this easier? It looked a...
MORE »
Led

PH-600 Tuning instability

Updated
Hi, bought a new PH-600 a couple of months ago, great guitar, just been battling to get it to keep in tune. Had a hard time to set a decent action, but have settled on a bit of a compromise, slightly higher than I would like,...
MORE »
baerman

R3 vs. R4 floyd nuts?

Updated
Hello, happy 4th of July first of all. Both R3 and R4 nuts are 42.9mm, but with different string spacing. LFR models usually are stated as 43mm. Is it a choice of preferance or feel with the R3 and R4 or is one required over...
MORE »
uberwigget

strap lock question

Updated
I just bought some Dunlop straplok's for my ltd m200fm and the instructions say to drill both holes with a 7/64" drill bit. How big are the holes already? Do I really need to drill them? I don't have any expirience with...
MORE »
xdaynex

floyd rose 1000?

Updated
heyy on the edwards models, a lot of them have a floyd rose 1000 series tremolo. is this some sort of licensed trem or a different version of the original?:S...
MORE »
xdaynex

drop b tuning

Updated
hey i have a guitar that i want to use for drop b tuning (B, F#, B, E, G#, C# for those who dont know) and im just curious-but is it better to use a guage 13-56 set for that tuning? cuz my otehr choice is 10-56 but ive tried...
MORE »
ESPANDY16

edwards explorer?

Updated
i was looking at the edwards E-EX-125E, i was wondering if anyone could tell me a little about it and if any one had pics that would be great...
MORE »
espguy462

18v converter

Updated
i wanna know what an 18 volt thing does for you EMG pickups. Does it make it moer powerful? or last longer? and how do you get it done?...
MORE »
DyersEve87

truss rod covers extinct???

Updated
Jesus christ man, i cannot find a standard esp truss rod cover anywhere, guitar parts depot has been sold out for a while now, just a plain black gloss one with one screw hole would seem easy to find but nope, not even on the...
MORE »
_blackened_

Edwards LPC, with Duncans problem.

Updated
So I just got this beautiful LPC from Edwards. It's fucking ace, except the pickups. I'm used to EMG's (I have three EMG equipped guitars). So this one buzzes when not playing, so I thought it might be a grounding problem,...
MORE »
xdaynex

wood filling?

Updated
heyy i want to cover up a strap peg hole since i moved the strap peg. can i do this with woodglue and toothpicks? or should i go for some otehr filler? and how can i match my black paint to esp's black?...
MORE »
musicaldeath

Coiling cable

Updated
I remember reading a while back on good methods to store guitar cables, and I think it was Matt who described using an over-under method. I looked this up on google and could not find a description that was detailed enough...
MORE »