StayTun3d

EC-1000 Toggle and volume question

Updated
I have an ltd ec-1000 in black cherry and I have a question about how the toggle/pickups/volumes are supposed to work. when the toggle is down the first volume works, when the toggle is at the top the 2nd volume works and the...
MORE »
Gazmonster

Pickup for maple body ?

Updated
Need some advice on a pickups for my ESP Kami style please. I am finding it too bright with the screaming demon in, would a TB-4 JB or and TB-6 distortion sound less bright and give more output. At the moment I am leaning...
MORE »
5kold

mahogany neck+body too muddy?

Updated
Hi there I am trying to decide the neck/body wood combination. The guitar itself is a custom neck thru body Phoenix II with a green burst finish, 24.75" scale, ebony fretboard, and floyd rose trem system. the pickups are:...
MORE »
shathe

nuts...

Updated
looking to upgrade a free fx 260. which nut should i go with earvana or bone? or...? i might even try making some out of the antlers i found in the yard... have done a bit of work on guitars, but no nut work, doesn't...
MORE »
Cheap Chinese FR Special

Cheap Chinese FR Special

Updated
I was just tuning my m300fm and two of the locking nuts just stripped out real easy, talk about quality! My question for the board is what would be the smartest thing to do at this point, buy a replacement OFR nut? Or...
MORE »
ozzuk1

Ibanez Edge pullup choking

Updated
Hi guys got my 550 all sorted pickups and everything wired, however I do have a minor problem with the A and G strings choking out when doing extreme pullups I have the action where I want it which is propbably higher than...
MORE »
Help, Floyd Tuning Issue

Help, Floyd Tuning Issue

Updated
Hey all, I've run into a problem on my 99, LTD M-300, which is stock outside of SD pups. I took it into a store that was having a promotion that if you buy 2 or more sets of strings they would install one of the sets and do a...
MORE »
ammar

Guitar Set-up Guide

Updated
I need some help setting up my guitars. Seem to know the methods but fail (or too scared) to implement. Most of my guitars have high action and get out of tune easily. I have the tools, I even bought a book (Dan Erlewine's)...
MORE »
Clements

Issue with ESP Eclipse

Updated
The other day I went to pick up my ESP eclipse from getting a setup and was told that there was a major problem with it. Pretty much I was told that when the guitar was made the saddle has been screwed into the wrong ...
MORE »
zombieattack9

LSR Tuners with floating floyd Rose HALP

Updated
Long story short I own a custom Jackson RR that I ordered with LSR tuners and a floating floyd rose. Ive had it for years, but it seems like my process for restringing it every time either ends in success, or complete...
MORE »
scoobyroo

MH-1000 Restoration Project Help

Updated
I'm picking up a MH-1000 used for cheap because the previous owner didn't maintain it very well and am going to do a full hardware strip and replace, minus the frets and pickups. Which bridge, nut and tuners (pref locking)...
MORE »
scoobyroo

help tuning down, string gauge up

Updated
So i have a Horizon with Floyd Rose that i want to tune down from E standard to Db-Ab-Db-Gb-Bb-Eb, but go up a gauge in strings from the standard 9-42 to 10-46 - what is the best way to go about this, just change the strings...
MORE »
zodiac272

EMG 81/60 installation

Updated
Hey guys, so I took all the electronics out of my LTD Explorer, and replaced the duncan designed with EMG's. New pups, jack, vol/tone control, new les paul style switch. I got the 81/60, new logo used, but they weren't...
MORE »
zombieattack9

Do you guys set your floyd at neutral?

Updated
Lately after all these years I've got to where I like my truss rods a little bit loose so they have play in them, so that got me to thinking: Do you prefer to have your floyd set at neutral and parallel with the body? Or do...
MORE »
threelittlefish

EC-1000T Switching Volume/Tone Pots

Updated
I am changing my EC-1000T over from EMG's to passive humbuckers. I need to replace the pots. I was thinking of switching from 2 volume pots/1 tone pot to 1 volume pot/2tone pots. I think that's the way it should come from the...
MORE »