The Fake ESP Thread

Updated
The Fake ESP Thread

Pushead and I are here to help verify ESP and LTD guitars. If you have, or are looking to buy a guitar that you're unsure of, post pictures and questions in this thread. Please post clear pictures of the front and back of the headstock, the fretboard, and the front and back of the body. Preferably before you buy anything.

Anyone else is free to offer suggestions on authenticity. If you answer a post, please tell us why you think it's real or fake.

RedPlated

I'm going to pick up a 2014 ESP Eclipse Standard in next day or two. I believe it's legit and I have no reason to doubt the seller. The odd thing is that it has the old script ESP logo, which was discontinued in 2012. I believe the ESP block logo was used in late 2012 to 2013 and then the "E-II" in 2014.

From the very limited info I can find on the net, there are very few of these old logo ESP's with 2014 serials. From what I can gather, they were most likely 2012 NOS guitars that ESP had laying around in their factory and decided to ship to dealers in 2014, and therefore assigned a 2014 serial number. The seller bought this one brand new from a music store.

The serial is SS1433523  

I can't post pics yet, but can forward them via email if someone else can post them. 

Pushead

As for the serial number, it wouldn't really surprise me.  It also wouldn't surprise me that they were guitars that were received in exchange as a warranty repair that were refurbished and refinished.

RedPlated

Thanks the pics seem to be working...

photo A91E55CE-72AF-4D43-BBC1-45FD0B580E04_zpsiqmbzn1z.jpg

photo 88A8EE7C-373D-41C7-A4A7-53C0C6DFBBE0_zps5d8m5cw2.jpeg

photo B43DCA48-0AA6-4B84-9476-E2DD283BB112_zps8gua2sol.jpeg" />" />

Pushead

Looks good to me!  Congrats!

RedPlated

Thanks for taking a look at it!

Mission1979

Can you please tell me if have been had here.

Was looking to replace the knows and the fake forum listings came up on Google. 

Thanks Tim 

Pushead

Hi Tim.  Your message doesn't seem to make sense.  I think you're going to need some nouns to help explain what you're looking for.

Mónica G.

Hi,

I'm interested in buying this guitar. What do you guys think, is it legit ?

Pushead

The headstock logo looks misplaced, too far toward the tip, but everything else looks okay.  I'd say legit.

Mónica G.

Thank you. More opinions please!

Mónica G.

ItSoHMtD

How does my LTD EC-401 FR look?

I was curious why the "FR" is absent from the label on the front. It also has a small defect in the nut, which doesn't really mean anything. It was made in Korea, and I thought only the EC-1000s were made in Korea, but that could have changed since the guitar was made.

Pushead

It's good.

TonyNYC

Hello folks.   Wanted to ask about a serial number if possible as I'm shopping a used ESP E-II Eclipse at the moment.  The serial number reads ES1429615.  I can't seem to decode it with the info I found here.  Any help would be appreciated.

Also, while shopping used ESP's I came across this site, which in a very uncool fashion, advertises replicas of all sorts of guitars:  http://www.cheapguitarstores.com/

Figured this would be a good place to alert people to the existece of such a shit hole.  I assume though that the moment you picked one of those replicas up and tried playing it, you'd know something is completely wrong with the guitar and that it was not a true ESP or even LTD.

Pushead

Japanese made E-II from 2014.  Numbered on the Friday of week 29 and was number 16.

Post to Thread