The Fake ESP Thread

Updated
The Fake ESP Thread

Pushead and I are here to help verify ESP and LTD guitars. If you have, or are looking to buy a guitar that you're unsure of, post pictures and questions in this thread. Please post clear pictures of the front and back of the headstock, the fretboard, and the front and back of the body. Preferably before you buy anything.

Anyone else is free to offer suggestions on authenticity. If you answer a post, please tell us why you think it's real or fake.

Douglas K.

Pushead

Hi, Douglas. Everything looks good to me. A 2011 Eclipse II FR.

Douglas K.

Thank you so much Pushead. I just pulled the trigger. So looking forward to receiving it. Out of curiosity do you think $2,800 is a fair price?

Pushead

Used prices have gone bonkers since the pandemic started. $2800usd feels a bit high to me, but it does look exceptionally clean and the FR models don't pop up too often. It might be the right price for today's market.

gibbers

Hi all, just got a used EC-1001T CTM in Silverburst

Im not sure how I didn't notice it from the pics but the truss rod cover says EC-1000ET which I believe is the Evertune model

I have asked the seller if he knows why this isn't correct but just wondered if this is normal and can happen at the factory etc.

Thanks in advance

Ben W.

Hi all, I’m looking at this KH2. Looks alright to me, anyone able to give a second opinion? Thanks!

Ben W.

sorry, forgot to post pictures! Any help appreciated

Pushead

Gibbers, sounds like just a mixup somewhere down the line. Either at the factory, the store or with the previous owner. Nothing to worry about.

Ben, that's a legit custom shop KH-2. Happy shopping!

Ben W.

Thanks Pushead! I took the plunge with it

gibbers

Thanks mate!

Carolinw W.

Thanks.

espSpain

Hi everyone,

I have what appears to be a late 80s / early 90s ESP custom ordered guitar, but wanted to hear everyone’s thoughts on whether this is a real ESP. Many thanks in advance for your input!

Pushead

The neck and body seem to hold up. No idea what it says on the headstock. Seems likely that it was a 48th St. guitar. I don't have tons of experience with guitars of this era.

espSpain

Many thanks Pushead!! Super appreciated. On the headstock it reads “Yoshinobu” who I believe was one of its previous owners, as the guitar was bought in Japan. 

Jack P.

In-depth written article on an ESP and LTD guitar. I just like this superb post. Youngsters would be happy after knowing about this guitar whom I am serving best essay writing service uk with pocket friendly rates at Quality Dissertation. Keep writing.

wesley m.

Hello. I just found this Arrow on Facebook Marketplace. I’m relatively adept at finding model information on guitars, but have had difficulty in finding this iteration with the logo etc. I’m supposed to be meeting him tomorrow to purchase for $300 usd. The more I look into it the more it seems too good to be true type situation. Any help is welcomed, thanks!

Pushead

Hi, Wesley. We can't see any photos in your post, so it's hard to give you any thoughts on the guitar. I'd say that if you can't find other photos of the same model, that's probably a bad sign. I'd probably be wary and would do a lot of looking at Google images when you have the guitar in hand and before paying for it. Even if the logo is slightly different, the control cavity cover, truss rod cover, etc. should be the same as other Arrows.

Post to Thread