The Fake ESP Thread

Updated
The Fake ESP Thread

Pushead and I are here to help verify ESP and LTD guitars. If you have, or are looking to buy a guitar that you're unsure of, post pictures and questions in this thread. Please post clear pictures of the front and back of the headstock, the fretboard, and the front and back of the body. Preferably before you buy anything.

Anyone else is free to offer suggestions on authenticity. If you answer a post, please tell us why you think it's real or fake.

Pushead

Yes, still legit.  The W stands for the World Musical Instruments factory in Korea.

Danny B.

Thanks a lot guys!!!

Danny B.

how much should I pay maximum for it in US dollars?

Pushead

$100,000,000 and not a penny more.

It's hard to determine.  The condition looks nice, but we don't know if it comes with a case.  The maple fretboard models are less common than the rosewood models.  Check the completed auctions on eBay to get an idea of what the EC-1000s are actually selling for (displayed in green) to compare. 

Danny B.

lol

the guys is aksing 560 US$ Dollars and it does come with a case.

I've read the the maple fretboard is gonna sound a bit brighter. I like playing stuff like punk rock and a bit of metal. I'm looking for a heavy. I should be alright with that guitar?

Thanks again guys!

Pushead

$560 with a case sounds like a good deal to me.

Ankan

Hello guys.

Does anyone know anything about this piece?

No suprise if it's a fake.

Pushead

Super fake.

HexerroR

Hi all...

Need help from you guys to check this guitar...

ESP Alexi Saw Tooth SD Model

Pushead

Looks good to me.

HexerroR

Thanks pushead...

Eric R.

Hi,

I'm looking at a used "ESP Eradicator" guitar for sale on CL. I was initially very stoked to see this guitar for sale. It's missing the pickups and the pics aren't great, but I'm a bit concerned as I've never seen an "Eradicator" guitar & can't seem to find any info on one. It looks like a Horizon. Hopefully you can help.

Pushead

Yep, the photos are terrible.  I suspect that the headstock is painted solid blue and isn't see-through blue like the rest of the guitar.  I'd say that it's a used LTD MH model, but the only one that has that type of switch is the 100, which is a bolt-on.

But it's also probably not an ESP since it has a rosewood board, and the NT-II models all had ebony boards (I believe).

The headstock looks off, the paint and the logo look wrong.  With the terrible angle of the logo, that's usually a sign of hiding something.

The control plate also looks a bit off.  Here's the back of my old NT-II.

I'd pass on the guitar. But if the seller is adamant that it's legit, ask for straight-on photos of the front and back of the headstock.  I'd like to see the logo and the serial number areas.

John G.

I found this ESP Hanneman on Reverb, counterfeit or real? Just seems strange with it having a Floyd not a Kahler.

Thanks 

John

i

Pushead

I've never seen one in the blue urban camo splatter, but everything in the photos I saw on Reverb look super tight.  I'd go with legit.

Rick P.

Wondering if this guitar was legit. Says it's an ESP LTD H HORIZON DELUXE... what you think?

Post to Thread