The Fake ESP Thread

Updated
The Fake ESP Thread

Pushead and I are here to help verify ESP and LTD guitars. If you have, or are looking to buy a guitar that you're unsure of, post pictures and questions in this thread. Please post clear pictures of the front and back of the headstock, the fretboard, and the front and back of the body. Preferably before you buy anything.

Anyone else is free to offer suggestions on authenticity. If you answer a post, please tell us why you think it's real or fake.

Pushead

Alexi looks good to me.

Anders S.

Thinking of buying this one, seems legit? 

Anders S.

The images didn't upload apparently... 

Does this one seem legit?

Pushead

Both the MX and the Eclipse are legit. The MX was built in 2020, but perhaps not ready for sale until 21. The Eclipse is a 2008 model.

Anders S.

THank you, sorry for a late reply but I am a little bit worried do. Purchased the guitar. it plays really nice but two things nags me. One is the binding, it looks really bad to be honest. Might be that it's just played a lot but still. The other one is the case. I have never seen one with the plate with ESP written on it together with the URL. Might be that it was standard in 08. I hate the nagging feeling of that I might have purchsed a dud.  

Blah_blah

Hi Everyone, (First post so sorry if I get anything wrong here!)

So I'm looking to purchase an ESP Horizon...looks like a 2007, and I can't see anything in particular that tells me it's a fake, but obviously there's some great helpful, knowledgable people here that I'd love an opinion from too! Interestingly, it looks like it's a see thru black with a Floyd Rose and Seymour Duncans. I can't find anything that resembles that spec in the ESP catalogues until 2012 - might that be an issue?

Thanks everyone in advance!!

Arvin S.

Hey guys I saw this listing and was wondering if it's legit?

Pushead

Both the Horizon and the FRX are legit.

Alex G.

Hello and thanks in advance.

I just bought a Horizon Standard and everything looks Ok to me except for a really goofy case and a minor flaw... One of the tuning keys is slightly crooked (low E string).

what do you think about the guitar and its case?

Thank you very much

Pushead

The Horizon is legit. A 2011 model. You may be able to loosen the screw on the pickup and rotate it a bit to be in line with the rest. Nothing looks particularly goofy to me about the case. Am I missing something?

Alex G.

Thanks for the reply. l had never seen an ESP case with this kind of padding in the top lid, like an egg tray.

Pushead

I see that more often in guitars listed in Europe, for some reason. I think I have one case like that, but you don't run into those in the US too often.

Rafly R.

hi everyone,can you check this guitar is it legit or not? I like this guitar and got a good offer but the price is too good to be true that's why I doubt its authenticity.

thank you!

Pushead

From now on, when someone sends pictures like these, with the headstock cropped out of most of the photos and terrible framing, I'm just going to assume that the guitar is fake. It can't be that hard for anyone who has ever looked at a photo of a guitar online to realize they need to put the entire guitar in the photo.

It's probably fine, but there's something about the rounded edge of the headstock that bothers me. It's likely a legit 2009 MH-1000.

Rafly R.

sorry for the bad quality of the photos and for some reason I can't download the photos that's why I'm taking screenshots, anyway thanks for the answer!

Just C.

Hey Guys. Does this 2010 distressed E2 look good to you ? Thanks 

Just C.

Here are some non cropped images. Thanks

Post to Thread