The Fake ESP Thread

Updated
The Fake ESP Thread

Pushead and I are here to help verify ESP and LTD guitars. If you have, or are looking to buy a guitar that you're unsure of, post pictures and questions in this thread. Please post clear pictures of the front and back of the headstock, the fretboard, and the front and back of the body. Preferably before you buy anything.

Anyone else is free to offer suggestions on authenticity. If you answer a post, please tell us why you think it's real or fake.

wojciech k.

Hi Guys could you please help me out 

with this ESP M II?

is this one real? I am bit confused with the configuration on this one 

https://reverb.com/uk/item/36201282-esp-m-ii-deluxe-custom-gunmetal-blue

Best Regards 

Wojciech

Pushead

The M-II is legit. Early to mid-90s.

DS90

Hey everyone,

I'm looking at what is listed as a 2008 ESP Eclipse CTM 4-knob, but I have some doubts. Seller says that the tuners were replaced by the previous owner but the serial number also looks suspect. Any help is appreciated, thanks !

Pushead

That's legit. A 2008 Eclipse I CTM. Sometimes the serial numbers have weird spacing. I have that on a few of mine as well. Not sure why, but it's not totally uncommon.

The tuners have been replaced, but with a different set of Gotoh tuners, so it was a direct replacement.

You don't find many of them in gloss black. It's nice.

DS90

Thank you so much for your response ! I'm going to make my offer on it 

Mathias S.

Hi all,

I'm thinking about buying this late 90's Horizon (97/98?). From my point of view it looks legit, but can some of the experts please give me his opinion on this? Also I'm little confused about the pickups. The shop only says that they are SD pickups, but honestly I think that these are the ESP LH-200, because the SD logo is missing. What's your opinion on this? 

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Mathias

Pushead

The Horizon is legit. As you suspected, it's a mid to late 90s model. No idea on the pickups, but even if they're not SD pickups, the LH-200s are well regarded.

Mathias S.

Thanks for the fast answer!

Dmitry N.

Hi,

I'm thinking about buying this ESP SV-standard. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Dmitriy

Dmitry N.

And about this:

Pushead

Both the SV and the Eclipse are legit. A 2008 SV and a Custom Shop Eclipse II (often called an MA in Japan) from 2012.

Syrion

Hello, I'm unsure about this ESP Eclipse, the locking tunners are "strange" compared with the picture I saw on google. Do you thing it is a legit one ? Thanks :-)

Pushead

As I said in the other thread, it's a legit 2008 Eclipse II. The tuners were replaced, they look like Planet Waves.

Dmitry N.

Hi,

I'm thinking about buying this ESP M-II. Is this a legit guitar?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Dmitriy

bwest p.

LTD ESP EC-1000 for sale. Due to covid won't really be able to inspect (also first time possibly with an LTD anyways). Does this look legit? And if so which model? I couldn't find it on various sites in that color. Thank you for any help!

Pushead

The M-II above is legit. A 2011 model.

The EC-1000 looks good to me. I guess they called that model the EC-1000 FM (flamed maple) in vintage honey burst. At least, that's what they call the color on the ESP model.

Aaron G.

Was wondering if this is authentic. Thanks

Post to Thread