The Fake ESP Thread

Updated
The Fake ESP Thread

Pushead and I are here to help verify ESP and LTD guitars. If you have, or are looking to buy a guitar that you're unsure of, post pictures and questions in this thread. Please post clear pictures of the front and back of the headstock, the fretboard, and the front and back of the body. Preferably before you buy anything.

Anyone else is free to offer suggestions on authenticity. If you answer a post, please tell us why you think it's real or fake.

Fred F.

Sorry, forgot this pic

Pushead

Looks good to me. 2006 model.

Fred F.

Thanks!  I really appreciate this thread!

Aron A.

Hi, is there a similar thread to this for Takamine guitars?

Thanks, 

Aron

Pushead

Aron, not to my knowledge. Sorry man.

Aron A.

Ok, thanks Pushead! I've actually found a used EF model from the 80s, and would like to get some info on it as it is a discontinued model. If it's worth the price  etc.

Takamine community?

Pushead

The best advice I can give is to compare to photos of similar models from the era. Pay close attention to things like the headstock inlay, any design around the sound hole, and the neck attachment. Those are probably the most common places fakers get wrong.

Damuko D.

Is this legit? Thanks

Damuko D.

Kirill T.

Hello! Could you help me about this ESP Truckster? Also I'm a bit confused about aluminium logo on the headstock.

Pushead

The LTD MH is legit, a 2018 model.

The Truckster is also legit. It's a custom shop guitar from 2015. The plastic headstock logo is correct for the model.

Connor  G.

I purchased this LTD B-4e, and I cannot seem to find too much information on this color scheme. I suspect that the bass is a natural gloss, and from my research, this was a preproduction model and never made it to mass production. Looking for any information that I can find! Thanks in advance! 

Connor  G.

Great thanks, do you know what the retail price for this would have been in 2010? 

Pushead

They're selling "new" today for around $700 USD.

Pushead

It's an uncommon model, but as I said as a reply to your other post, something makes me feel uneasy about this. Maybe it's just the photo quality. But someone selling a guitar while missing strings makes me think it may not be well taken care of.

As for strings for you, if you're an inexperienced player, I'd stick with a set of .009s. Ernie Ball or D'Addario are two popular brands that you couldn't go wrong with. Stop in and talk to someone at your local music shop. They'll have good advice for you.

Tyler G.

Hello,

I just bought this guitar last night, hopefully the pictures uploaded properly.  I was hoping you could tell me if this thing is the real deal or not.  If it is, can you tell me what model it is, when it was made and what its worth?  Thank you.

Tyler G.

Pushead

It's legit. A 2008 ESP EX-II Standard

Tyler G.

Man that is wicked.  I found it locally for $500 Canadian, not that I'm going to sell it but I would like to know what it's worth.

Post to Thread