The Fake ESP Thread

Updated
The Fake ESP Thread

Pushead and I are here to help verify ESP and LTD guitars. If you have, or are looking to buy a guitar that you're unsure of, post pictures and questions in this thread. Please post clear pictures of the front and back of the headstock, the fretboard, and the front and back of the body. Preferably before you buy anything.

Anyone else is free to offer suggestions on authenticity. If you answer a post, please tell us why you think it's real or fake.

Brian N.

Brian N.

Brian N.

Brian N.

Brian N.

From looking through this thread I believe it’s fake

Brian N.

Brian N.

Y only pic. Any idea. Has a esp case

Anssi L.

Hello

I'd like to know if this guitar is legit or not though I believe it is. According to the seller its a year 2005 ESP standard V with original floyd rose. Could not find much information on this guitar online so don't know how much it is worth either. If I could get some advise how much its worth would be appreciated. Seller is asking 1000 euros for it.

Pushead

Snakebyte is fake. This V is legit, it's a 2006 model.

James W.

This Guitar came across my radar - I am skeptical, KNE/ESP custom made George Lynch BLUE Submarine w/ Duncans, OFR, big brass block. (not sure what the KNE stands for.) The tremolo will not pull back because the body was not cut to do so. while it looks nice and sounds and plays really well, I am a little skeptical - also NO serial numbers or even where it was built..... "Warning Will Rogers!!"

James W.

Forgot to add these images also

No serial # or origin in which it was built.

Bones13

KNE is a shop that makes bodies and necks.  I’ve ordered several bodies and necks from them over the years and it’s all great stuff.  That said, your guitar is clearly a tribute build—even if the body is a genuine ESP product.

Bones13

Also….my main guitar is a “tribute” build that has an authentic LTD Lynch Tiger body with a Butala Hooker neck.  

Pushead

The body may be from a real ESP. The neck most certainly isn't. The KNE/ESP likely refers to the builder (KNE) in the style of ESP. I have no idea who KNE stands for.

James W.

Thanks for your input - 

Bookworm L.

OMG how it can be fake?

David Z.

This is being sold pretty cheap. Very curious about it.

Pushead

The Steph model is legit, a 2011 model.

For Bookworm, the easiest tell is the 3 screw truss rod cover, but also the headstock shape and the neck shape at the joint to the body.

David Z.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

Fred F.

Hi all, was wondering if someone can help confirm this EC-1000 is legit.  Appreciate the help!

Post to Thread