The Fake ESP Thread

Updated
The Fake ESP Thread

Pushead and I are here to help verify ESP and LTD guitars. If you have, or are looking to buy a guitar that you're unsure of, post pictures and questions in this thread. Please post clear pictures of the front and back of the headstock, the fretboard, and the front and back of the body. Preferably before you buy anything.

Anyone else is free to offer suggestions on authenticity. If you answer a post, please tell us why you think it's real or fake.

Pushead

Yep, it's good.

Shamballa
Pushead wrote:

Yep, it's good.

Fuck yea I am so excited! Eclipse with duncans is my dream guitar

Ankan

Thanks for the answer Pushead!

I didn't know that about the SS vs. Custom.

Though, the seller wants 1700 US dollas for it.

Do you think it's worth it?

Pushead

Tough to tell the condition from the small photos, and no photos of the body of the guitar.  Based off what recently sold on eBay (with a ding on the front for $1850), $1700 seems like a good price if it's in good condition.

Ankan

Got some more pics, but no point to upload them here cause it will stay the same size.

But yes, it is in mint condition and looks super.

The only think that got me thinking is what you said about the SS vs. Custom.

But I guess it doesn't matter, other than personal opionion really?

Pushead

Pretty much.  It will always be seen as "inferior" to people who "know" about SS and CS serial numbers.  There was a guy who posted here a few months ago, all grumpy-pants about paying $4k for a "brand new" (old stock) Signature Series Snakebyte.  He claimed it was worthless because it was SS but couldn't sell it, and blamed ESP. 

I pretty much approach buying used gear as to what I need/want out of the guitar, and then figure out what similar instruments are selling for.  Most of the time, I figure I can flip a used guitar for pretty much what I've paid for it.  With that, I figure there isn't much risk.  With that particular guitar, I'd guess worst-case scenario would be a $200 loss (before shipping, etc.)

You could look at it this way; do you think that the ESP badge (and whatever elevated construction that follows it) is worth $600 more than a brand new LTD Snakebyte (or $900 more than a used LTD?)

Were I looking for a Snakebyte, I'd probably try to talk him down $100 and shipping, and see where it went from there.  I don't think $1700 is bad, but you know, $1600 is better.

Pushead

Here's some interesting reading from one of his threads.  I guess the earlier ones were deleted.  I feel bad for the guy.  This is like the 4th or 5th thread he started about it, so I did some reasearch on the 2012 model, which is when ESP made the switch.  Again, I have no idea what the actual difference between the SS and CS made Snakebyte is, other than the price.  But people need some form of validation that what they have is better, so...

http://www.espguitars.com/forums/1963222/posts/2143726-the-proof-is-in-the-catalog

Ankan

Thank you Sir for your input on the matter!

I Think I read that thread a while back, and it's a shame it's "that" way.

Will probably read it again to understand more what the fuzz is about.

If I buy this one I will have it for many years to come, if something doesn't happend that requires cash..

Love Metallica, love ESP, and love you guys collections. So I'll try to start my own Hetfield collection.

But yeah, I still think about the day I'll have to sell it, ( will I get the money back? ). You don't want to make a bad sale no matter what gear you sell.

I would chose ESP over LTD any day if I can. Not because the quality, but most because I'm so stupid I always want the "best".

Don't think the SS vs. Custom thing will bother me to much. As long as I have the "ESP" version i'm happy

Once again thank you for all the help! Helped me feel better about the deal.

Now I really hope he doesn't sell it to a random guy...

Comes with a CoA if it matters..

Pushead

Did you end up getting it?

Ankan

Yes, I got it yesterday.

Sounds and looks amazing!

josh b.

Hi Guys, Any chance of some reassurance on this mh-350. Brought it on eBay?

Would be much appreciated

RZK

You need to post more than one picture. It looks fine from the one you posted, but but you're giving me a very small view.

josh b.

Thanks mate!

hopefully these are ok 

Nathan S.

Looks good from my house.

Pushead

Looks good to me.

josh b.

thanks alot guys

RZK

You're quite welcome. We're here to help.

Pushead

I'm in it for the chicks.

Post to Thread